Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony PayPal CLD

tag
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Re: Synchrony PayPal CLD

Sync is still CLDing. My wife's JC Penney card was just reduced from 10k to $500. Not too surprising since she only uses that card once or twice a year and generally for less than $150. Her FICOs are in the 840s so it certainly wasn't score related, probably just use related.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 11 of 17
financialfreedom777
Regular Contributor

This is an interesting post. I have Paypal credit, Amazon Card and a Kohls card (which I never use). I was thinking of pushing the luv button sometime in Oct/Nov but now reading this I am hesitant.

Starting Score: 12/18/2019 EQ 601 | TU 614 | EX 596
Current Score after recent fall from grace: 02/8/2023 EQ 647 | TU 660 | EX 663
Goal Score: 780

Message 12 of 17
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@financialfreedom777 wrote:

This is an interesting post. I have Paypal credit, Amazon Card and a Kohls card (which I never use). I was thinking of pushing the luv button sometime in Oct/Nov but now reading this I am hesitant.

Kohls is Capital One, not Synch...and IIRC, the increases are more or less automated and predetermined, so it can't hurt to try that card Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 13 of 17
financialfreedom777
Regular Contributor

Ahh. Hmm, why the heck did I think Kohls was Synchrony? See, you can tell I've never used the card, LOL! They don't even have one in PR. Just a matter of time before they close my card Smiley Sad

Sorry, whats IIRC?

Starting Score: 12/18/2019 EQ 601 | TU 614 | EX 596
Current Score after recent fall from grace: 02/8/2023 EQ 647 | TU 660 | EX 663
Goal Score: 780

Message 14 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@financialfreedom777 wrote:

Ahh. Hmm, why the heck did I think Kohls was Synchrony? See, you can tell I've never used the card, LOL! They don't even have one in PR. Just a matter of time before they close my card Smiley Sad

Sorry, whats IIRC?

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/m-p/88458

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like they may be balance chasing. Usuallly they just close accounts as they did that with me. No notice just closed. I do believe that balance chasing is as bad as closing an account. If any bank did that to me I would call in and have the account closed. There is no point to keep an account like that open.

Mark

Message 16 of 17
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

There is a point, you can recover and keep the history alive. There was a period when my utilization went to the roof(+70%) and Amex did 1 balance chase on me, I continued to make my payments(twice the minimum) for almost a year, and once I paid it down below 50% I asked for an increase amd was granted twice the amount I lost. I paid them a ton of interest and maybe they liked that... I think I got a point here lol

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.