Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Payment HOLD

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Synchrony Payment HOLD - UPDATE

Aren't PayPal transfers to a person not counted towards a SUB? It's been a while since I got mine so I don't remember.

Message 21 of 24
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Aren't PayPal transfers to a person not counted towards a SUB? It's been a while since I got mine so I don't remember.

They don't if the transfer gets coded as a cash advance.   Doesn't help that the transfer was to Player2, which risks triggering suspicion of manufactured spend to meet the SUB.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 22 of 24
Namaste7
Established Contributor

Re: Synchrony Payment HOLD

@Creditaddict wrote:

Synchrony gets more and more obscene to deal with every day.  New Cathay Pacific Credit Card.  Made payment through them (first mistake) on the 3rd.  Payment cleared but the available is not available. I called and it's a 20 DAY HOLD... 20 days?! not 5, 7 or 10 but 20! I could walk cash to them faster!... He says no overriding the system.

The new account has a $3k spend for a bonus.

As @Anonymous noted, Synchrony has their issues. Payment holds for new accounts and/or large payments are common place. I faced payment hold issues when I first got my PPMC card. I also encountered payment hold issues for large payments on the PPMC (frequently) and Amazon Prime (maybe one or two times).  Ironically, I don't recall this issue on PPC. 

Nevertheless, I push larger payments and use Synch's system for automatic minimum payments only. This process works well for me! 

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 23 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I think the OP may have meant using the Cathay Pacific card through PayPal (as a payment method) for a purchase?  But, perhaps @Creditaddict can provide some clarification.

At any rate, glad to hear the whole payment hold situation was resolved, even though it took some escalation.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.