Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Paypal Extras MC Payment Site Down

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Paypal Extras MC Payment Site Down

I opened the card back in August last year and have not used it much aside from a few small transactions. I currently have a balance of about $20. When I click "Make a Payment," it transfers me to the welcome page for my synchrony account and then when I click "Make Payment" from there it takes me to the payment processing page whcih is greyed out and says "Payments cannot be accepted at this time. Please try again later." It has said this since I opened the account and the last time I made a payment I had to go through a chat support agent and manually apply it to the account. The strange thing is it says no payment due and there is no due date which makes me think maybe the card may have been closed due to no activity but the card still works and the account page reports that I have $1980 left in my available spend and my limit is $2000. I don't like to carry balances so I pay my cards in full every month and this one is really irking me. Has anyone else experienced this? What did you do? What should I do?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
KDKobes
Regular Contributor

Re: Synchrony Paypal Extras MC Payment Site Down

I would be surprised if your account was closed. The message I got was much different when mine was closed but you should be able to find out real quick by trying to use it somewhere or just call in. If it’s always been like that like you said then I would say you have a problem with your account. This is exactly why I’m glad this card had a short life in my wallet.

EX: 694 (F8)(7inq) | TU: 691 (VS3)(5inq) | EQ: 699 (VS3)(5inq)
BK Ch 7 Discharged 2015 | x1 Paid collection | x1 30 day late on file
9% Utilization | AAoA: 2yrs | Updated: *UPDATING*
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's Just it, it does work still so I don't think it's closed. I just haven't had very good experience with their customer service up to this point but I have only used their chat system. Is their phone support any better?

@KDKobes wrote:
I would be surprised if your account was closed. The message I got was much different when mine was closed but you should be able to find out real quick by trying to use it somewhere or just call in. If it’s always been like that like you said then I would say you have a problem with your account. This is exactly why I’m glad this card had a short life in my wallet.

Message 3 of 9
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

I'd call the number on the card, let them you know you are trying to pay it. If nothing else that gets you on record for trying.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 4 of 9
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Can't you just set up to push the payments from your bank rather than jump through all these hoops? 

000xmas dragging tree.gif

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you cleared out your Cookies and history for both Paypal and the Synchrony Paypal site? Sometimes Synchrony's card panels can be messed up and cleaning your cookies and history can potentially solve it. Also try different web browsers i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Internet Explorer, etc to see if any of those work.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Theyre just down.  Amazon and PPal cards do the same thing when I went to pay last night and again this morning

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon pmt is up, Ppal still erroring lol  Its up again :-p  #ChristmasMiracle! Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's still down for me haha. I just decided to do a phone payment and that seemed to work. Maybe I'll just have to do that every month in the future. Smiley Frustrated

@Anonymous wrote:

Amazon pmt is up, Ppal still erroring lol  Its up again :-p  #ChristmasMiracle! Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.