Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Premier™ World Mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Premier™ World Mastercard

So couldn't really find anything on the forums regarding this card to much. I received a invitation to apply with a sold APR of 13.99. Looks like it is a invitation only card and can't apply directy. Just looking for any data points and if anyone has any experince with this card. It is a 2% CB card with no annual fee.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony Premier™ World Mastercard

Yup, this one comes up for air from time to time.  For your reference, below is an older thread on this particular CC:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Synchrony-2-Unlimited-Cashback-MC-Invitation/td-p/5752...

Message 2 of 29
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

I received this mailer too. I'd probably bite if I didn't already have two other 2% catch-all cards. Looks like Apple and PCR already have you covered in that area. The Sync card probably would have easy growth up to the 10k mark at least. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

I received this mailer too. I'd probably bite if I didn't already have two other 2% catch-all cards. Looks like Apple and PCR already have you covered in that area. The Sync card probably would have easy growth up to the 10k mark at least. 

Still debating on applying the Apple Card is good for places that take Apple Pay. I don't have the 2% on the the PenFed since I primarily bank with Navy. This could be a contender to epilate both my Cap1 cards since I think even the Walmart is still only a 2% back at store.

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

Still debating on applying the Apple Card is good for places that take Apple Pay. I don't have the 2% on the the PenFed since I primarily bank with Navy. This could be a contender to eliminate  both my Cap1 cards since I think even the Walmart is still only a 2% back at store.

Message 5 of 29
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

Still debating on applying the Apple Card is good for places that take Apple Pay. I don't have the 2% on the the PenFed since I primarily bank with Navy. This could be a contender to epilate both my Cap1 cards since I think even the Walmart is still only a 2% back at store.

Ah, gotcha. This may make sense for you to go for it in that case since the PCR isn't giving you the 2% and you need something to fall back on when Apple Pay isn't available. It honestly looks like a decent card after reading through the thread that Finstar posted. Looks like they offered you the lowest APR too so that's an encouraging sign! I'd strongly consider it myself but I just opened my AMEX BBC last month and and have my DC to fall back on when someone doesn't take AMEX. It would be pointless for me to start collecting a bunch of 2% cards. Keep us in the loop if you go for it since there don't seem to be an overly abundant amount of DPs on it. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 6 of 29
FieryDance
Frequent Contributor

I received an invitation as well, 13.99% APR, $100 SUB, accept by 8/20/2021. 

0EEC9BA6-5267-4F77-8FB2-9B8582469D43.jpeg

Not sure how their marketing algorithm selects targets; I have never had any Synchrony product as far as I know.  

Message 7 of 29
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

I got one today but it was for the worst of the 3 cards. It said use it everywhere and even listed categories but it has no Cashback on anything 😂. 

Message 8 of 29
JonStur
Established Contributor

Also received an invitation yesterday with the same apr. I just don't think it adds anything to my lineup so the paper  shredder got an extra meal....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 9 of 29
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

I don't understand why synchrony has 2 2% cards, paypal and this one. Any idea why? Seems inefficient in my opinion. 

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.