Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Premier™ World Mastercard

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Synchrony Premier™ World Mastercard

Caters to those in their target demographic who would be interested in a 2% card but who can't get or don't want a Paypal account.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 11 of 29
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

Doesn't make sense to me that their in house 2% card is invitation only though. You'd think they'd want as many people as possible to sign up for it?

Message 12 of 29
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@rgd51 wrote:

Doesn't make sense to me that their in house 2% card is invitation only though. You'd think they'd want as many people as possible to sign up for it?

They're cherry-picking.   There could also be specifics tied to their agreement with Paypal.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the mailer today as well, but like the other poster above, no intro 0% or spend bonus, likely a product of my credit-seeking ways this past year. I've gotten a lot of new accounts in the past year and don't want to rock the Synch boat so I wouldn't be accepting it regardless. Even with the 2% back, it'd just be duplicating Apple and PCR. With the lower APR, SUB, and 2% it looks like a decent catch-all card. For me though, it's a No. Looks like the in-laws have new material to line their birdcage with.

Message 14 of 29
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

They're also started sending out preapproval mailers for the Plus WMC, which is a 1% CB card.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm... I wonder if we are about to have a whole batch of "Synchrony sent me this preapproval offer and I was approved and then they closed all my cards!" posts... Smiley Frustrated

Message 16 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Anything is possible, just like someone who had their Venmo account closed after a week.  Again, we don't know what SYNCB is looking for internally, so it can still be a non-event for a lot of people here and outside of MF.  My SYNCB accounts are still active and I plenty of other individuals' as well.  So, this isn't [SYNCB] doomsday for everyone.

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

Anything is possible, just like someone who had their Venmo account closed after a week.  Again, we don't know what SYNCB is looking for internally, so it can still be a non-event for a lot of people here and outside of MF.  My SYNCB accounts are still active and I plenty of other individuals' as well.  So, this isn't [SYNCB] doomsday for everyone.

Yeah, my Amazon Store Card is still intact after my 3 card non-Sync spree last month, just seems like many of the shutdowns have seemed to draw attention with new Sync accounts or CLIs on existing ones. 

Message 18 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Yeah, my Amazon Store Card is still intact after my 3 card non-Sync spree last month, just seems like many of the shutdowns have seemed to draw attention with new Sync accounts or CLIs on existing ones. 

I honestly think you'll be safe.  Now, if you had the others like B&H Payboo (which I actually still think it sounds funny as I type it), PPMC, etc., then *maybe*.  But, I can understand better safe than sorry in case the hammer comes down unpredictably.  That said, you have a back up for AMZ (on the biz side), if anything.

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I honestly think you'll be safe.  Now, if you had the others like B&H Payboo (which I actually still think it sounds funny as I type it), PPMC, etc., then *maybe*.  But, I can understand better safe than sorry in case the hammer comes down unpredictably.  That said, you have a back up for AMZ (on the biz side), if anything.

Oh yeah, I am not worried about it. My spreeing only dropped my TU VS3 scores by a single point each - 817 to 816. I also went from 787 to 783 on VS4. Two of three FICO 8s are still over 800, haven't pulled EQ (sucks that Langley switched to EQ9 because now the only way I can get that one is Experian trials) but I'm sure it's still high. Honestly I am surprised that the only negative impact was from my AoYRA going back under a year which cost me those points and the rest was a nothingburger. 

I have the Affinity card for Amazon as well if Sync got twitchy. Things kind of blew up in my face with my business plans, my anxiety really ramped up again, so that AMEX won't get much usage really. 

And yes, that Payboo card was the most ridiculous name ever haha. I agree that dropping my Sync exposure to just the single card likely pulled me off their radar. 

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.