Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony accounts locked!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony accounts locked!

After reading all of this thread, I see many have had their accounts closed.  I'm very sorry this happened.  Hopefully it will all get straightened out.  

Message 61 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

20 Inq. showing. 17 new accounts in the past 8 months. None in the past 3. No returned payments, nowhere anywhere close to limits ever on any cards, much less theirs. NOTHING shady, or weird going on, on my end. I am at a complete loss. Maybe it is the TU Inq. glitch, but, I dont think mine were ever affected though

Hey BlkCivic!

I'm sorry this is happening to you and I hope everything work outs in your favor. 17 new accounts in the past 8 months is a lot of new credit to add to one's credit profile. I read another thread where someone else was locked out and he/she had 2 new accounts with Synch in the past month. This may have been the trigger. Are any of the 17 new accounts from Synchrony? If yes, how many?

Again, I hope for a positive outcome.

Message 62 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

OP, I hope everything works out for you.  UncleB, interesting read, thanks for sharing.  And to those who are saying Sync is the new Comenity, I think it may be too soon to pass that judgement.  As for those who say that they wouldn't care if Sync shut down their cards I ask, why did you bother applying for them or continue to maintain them? I have several cards and I would be upset if any of them were shut down.  Is it the end of the world, no, but to say I wouldn't be slightly bothered would be untrue.  But to each his or her own I guess.  

+1

Well said!

Message 63 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I understand in a way why but it also leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I guess we should've know the chat CLI gravy train was bound to stop and potentially have consequences. I just closed a bunch of mine to reduce my exposure. I was looking for a good excuse to do it anyway.

I will add all the calls to CS for large CLIs at activation and in general probably didn't help either. 

Message 64 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BSL1229 wrote:
THIS CRAP JUST HAPPENED TO ME TOO!!! WTH?! My damn blood pressure is up! All 14 of my high limit accounts, BLOCKED! OMG, I'm so livid right now!! I went to sign into my Ebates account to make a payment & couldn't get in! Then spent a useless 45 min on the phone with the Synchrony Fraud department grilling them & getting nowhere! What can this be?!

Sorry this is happening to you. How many of those 14 accounts have been opened in the past 6-12 months?

Message 65 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

All 4 of my Synchrony accounts were blocked too. My internet access blocked. Also said a letter was sent on the 7th. I cussed them out and forced them to transfer me to mgmt. One mentioned IRS.

I am self employed so no 4506-T form for me. I am tired of these crooked banks!!!!!!!!

Sorry this is happening to you Swampy99 and I hope everything works out for you.

Message 66 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, Sync stated that they sent me a letter on 7/3.... its 7/10... still No letter! IF they ever send me one...I will update with what they have to say..

Message 67 of 80
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Yeah my 4506-T took about 11 days to get to me.. It's in a blue envelope.. They sent me like 5!!! Why send me 5 with all my info on it through the mail!
Message 68 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
Yeah my 4506-T took about 11 days to get to me.. It's in a blue envelope.. They sent me like 5!!! Why send me 5 with all my info on it through the mail!

Do you have five Synchrony accounts? Just trying to make sense of a senseless mail thing. 

Message 69 of 80
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Yeah but the thing is, I was told I only needed to send one back.... I was furious at the thought of 4 extra in the mail where you never know what happens!!
Message 70 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.