Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony bank nsf returned payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony bank nsf returned payments

Does synchrony bank attempt to resubmit the returned payments?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Synchrony bank nsf returned payments

Not sure, I know they and Capital One may close accounts fairly quickly on returned payments.
Message 2 of 13
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Does synchrony bank attempt to resubmit the returned payments?

Hi and welcome to myFICO

I'm not 100% sure but banks operate way differently now than in the old days where a bank would resubmit a check 2-3 times before returning to the bank marked NSF.

Since you know it's a possibility, I suggest getting out in front of it by calling Synchrony and alerting them. And, if you have the funds in your account, send another payment ASAP so it's covered quickly. I'm not saying that this would prevent AA but it's possible. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only reason I ask is I just recently switched banks and I forgot to turn off my auto pay I never closed out the bank the auto pay came out of, I’m just going to add the payment x2 I guess it wouldn’t hurt to do a double payment if they resubmit. I was mainly curious.
Message 4 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Only reason I ask is I just recently switched banks and I forgot to turn off my auto pay I never closed out the bank the auto pay came out of, I’m just going to add the payment x2 I guess it wouldn’t hurt to do a double payment if they resubmit. I was mainly curious.

Great advice given by CreditInspired , I would also call in and explain what happened,

and ask what would they suggest to be the best thing to do at this point.

I have found calling lenders when there is a problem and being pro active can help.

Head it off at the pass type thing. Good Luck OP!

Post back with results if you can?, as this almost always helps othersSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I called and the operator wasn’t very informative he just said that everything was paid and he had nothing on his screen... so I told him I’d like to make another payment for the same amount I suppose wait and see? Was a very odd conversation he just said my balance was zero maybe they haven’t gotten the bounce back?
Message 6 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I called and the operator wasn’t very informative he just said that everything was paid and he had nothing on his screen... so I told him I’d like to make another payment for the same amount I suppose wait and see? Was a very odd conversation he just said my balance was zero maybe they haven’t gotten the bounce back?

Thanks for posting back and I forgot, Welcome to The Forum!

I would probably follow up with another phone call maybe in a day or two. Just to keep eyes on this.

Also if you ever feel like the Rep is not knowledgeable, or you are not getting anywhere, you can always "HUCA"

Hang up call again. And speak to another Rep.

Wishing you a good outcome!

Message 7 of 13
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

If there really is no way for you to keep the ACH auto draft from bouncing then I suggest doing a "Push" payment from your new acct Right Away as maybe, just maybe it might beat the bounced one. Doesn't guarantee avoiding AA from them but better than doing nothing! GL!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JR_TX wrote:

If there really is no way for you to keep the ACH auto draft from bouncing then I suggest doing a "Push" payment from your new acct Right Away as maybe, just maybe it might beat the bounced one. Doesn't guarantee avoiding AA from them but better than doing nothing! GL!

Neither of my banks (TD and BMO) are able to push payments to the Paypal MasterCard.

In December, my bill was around 1850. I forgot about another payment coming out and my $1500 payment bounced. Payment was Dec 18th (a day or two after statement generated). I came back on the 24th, noticed it on my bank account and immediately made another payment for as much as it would allow (about 469 remaining balance and new purchase). And did the same the next day, before it was applied. 

On the 30th they submitted the original payment, so I ended up with a $469 credit on the account. - nothing about the NSF shows on my Synchrony account, only at BMO.

And for anyone who ever wants to over pay in order to have extra credit available - nope. It stays the same.

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 09.37.36.jpg

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@JR_TX wrote:

Neither of my banks (TD and BMO) are able to push payments to the Paypal MasterCard.

In December, my bill was around 1850. I forgot about another payment coming out and my $1500 payment bounced. Payment was Dec 18th (a day or two after statement generated). I came back on the 24th, noticed it on my bank account and immediately made another payment for as much as it would allow (about 469 remaining balance and new purchase). And did the same the next day, before it was applied. 

On the 30th they submitted the original payment, so I ended up with a $469 credit on the account. - nothing about the NSF shows on my Synchrony account, only at BMO.

And for anyone who ever wants to over pay in order to have extra credit available - nope. It stays the same.

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 09.37.36.jpg

Hmmm... you can't do it to Synchrony instead? The account numbers should route through the system where they're supposed to go. My bank didn't have an entry for B&H so I chose Synchrony Bank instead and did a test push of $1 and it went through, paid the full balance the next day and that went through. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.