cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony closed 7 accounts same day, reported card balances as ''settled amount'' Possible Lawsuit?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Synchrony closed 7 accounts same day, reported card balances as ''settled amount'' Possible Laws

@JB2 wrote:

I told them I would never do business with them again because they obviously didn't need my business.

Obviously this threat failed to change their future behavior!

Message 31 of 32
biznob
Established Member

Re: Synchrony closed 7 accounts same day, reported card balances as ''settled amount'' Possible Laws

when covid first hit they closed around 10 cards for no reason.   They all had zero balances and my credit profile did not change in any way.

Last year actually this time frame they closed another 10 or so cards when i bought a new house and did an address change.   I had sold my prior house about three months prior to closing on the new one and paid everything off, so my credit was even in better shape.  

Funny thing is i had overpaid on a couple accounts so they owed me a couple thousand and closed my accounts and left the balance.  I had to file a complaint to get a refund to me.

They only left my Venmo card open.   Most of the accounts, prob 15-16 out of the 20 i never used but 4-5 i used frequently but paid in full.

I will never open a synchrony bank card ever again.

Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.