Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony closed all accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony closed all accounts

Synchrony just closed all of my accounts. Totallying 90k. All accounts used regularly every month and paid in full every month. Very sad.

Message 1 of 78
77 REPLIES 77
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Synchrony closed all accounts

@Anonymous wrote:

Synchrony just closed all of my accounts. Totallying 90k. All accounts used regularly every month and paid in full every month. Very sad.

That is unfortunate. If you browse the forums, Synchrony has been going on a mission with account closures. I'm surprised they shut down the cards you use regularly.

Message 2 of 78
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Sorry to hear that.  There have been quite a few reports here and elsewhere.  

How long had they been open?  Did you recently open some of them, and is 90k a large part of your income?  Many of the closures have been due to lack of use but there also seems to be some correlation with the amount of credit extended over a large number of accounts, often with some new ones added.

Message 3 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most recent opened over a year ago. Income 250k+. Util 1% scores 750+ accross the board. Never doing business with them again.

Message 4 of 78
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Sorry for your closeures OPSmiley Sad

Message 5 of 78
JNA1
Valued Contributor

That sucks to hear, but welcome to the MF Family. Stick around and look around - you'll find lots of cards that will make you forget about Synchrony.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 6 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do believe closures are happening partly based on how profitable the accounts is I guess. 

Message 7 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to miss amazon 5% cashback. I average in between 2-3k spend on amazon every month

Message 8 of 78
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous  Here is a read. Synchrony not doing so good.....  

Message 9 of 78
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Thank you for the details!  That really doesn't make sense, at least on the surface.  With higher income and regular use, that's not typical of the previous DPs.  Again, sorry that this happened.

I certainly hope it's not a profitability thing; my Synchrony cards are all either PIF getting rewards back or used for 0% promos that get paid off before the retroactive interest hits.

Message 10 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.