Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony closed all accounts

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Synchrony closed all accounts

@Anonymous wrote:

Just applied for chase amazon. Instant approval 16,500. Should have gotten that card from the beginning.

Congrats!

Message 51 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Thank you for all the awesome information on this great forum

Message 52 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Most recent opened over a year ago. Income 250k+. Util 1% scores 750+ accross the board. Never doing business with them again.

While it's unfortunate that this happend and that all accounts were closed, especially given your profile. What would you do if the other Banks did the same thing? I mean this isn't personal and those CL's weren't your property to be taken, plenty of truly valid reasons to never do busness with a comany again. IMO this isn't one. 

I'm not in favor of SYNCH here, as i do not have any TL's with them. I just see this come up a lot with people who feel they were burned by this type of action. And I do understand that it probably took a long time to build to $90K with them, but if you're only using 1% then what does it matter? You can build that up again. 

Message 53 of 78
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Most recent opened over a year ago. Income 250k+. Util 1% scores 750+ accross the board. Never doing business with them again.

While it's unfortunate that this happend and that all accounts were closed, especially given your profile. What would you do if the other Banks did the same thing? I mean this isn't personal and those CL's weren't your property to be taken, plenty of truly valid reasons to never do busness with a comany again. IMO this isn't one. 

I'm not in favor of SYNCH here, as i do not have any TL's with them. I just see this come up a lot with people who feel they were burned by this type of action. And I do understand that it probably took a long time to build to $90K with them, but if you're only using 1% then what does it matter? You can build that up again. 

And you'd feel that exact same way if it happened to you.

It's ultra easy to go "Oh, it's just business" when it happens to someone else. 

We all take it personally,  especially when there is no default, cards are being used, no financial distress. 

People calling to get credit lines restored on cards they dont use and have no plans on using, asking for CLIs on cards used for a pack of gum etc and we all find that normal.

Someone gets upset over cards being closed "oh calm down it's just business" 

It might be, but sometimes just business is a bad business. 

Message 54 of 78
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

We all take it personally,  especially when there is no default, cards are being used, no financial distress. 

People calling to get credit lines restored on cards they dont use and have no plans on using, asking for CLIs on cards used for a pack of gum etc and we all find that normal.

I'm gonna agree. While I try to not take it personal, it's hard not to at times. Plus, in these cases, there was no need to shut down all of the cards. Dropping limits to their standard $1064 on cards not being used and refusing to restore the limits for a while would have been better business.

Message 55 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

I made in excess of 100k in purchase on my synchrony cards in the last year alone and made over 100k in payments to them. Maybe they made interest off me but they did make money off the actual purchase tranasction. My original hom furniture transaction was for 46k. I didn't ask for 50k because I was bored it was used for furniture.

Message 56 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

My banana republic rewards for last month were $90 and are now just gone with them closing the card. In my eyes that is theft and wrong

Message 57 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess this was directed at me, or my comment. When I offered that "it is not personal; it is business" it is to put things in perspective. When Citi CLD me back in 2009 I was livid; to the point where it was making me sick. Once I calmed down, I realized that it really was not personal and that it was their choice. And that is about the time I stopped using my Dividend as my go-to card which was my choice.  

My comment was meant more to be a comfort more than anything; I apologize, OP, if you took it any other way. This is a good reminder as to why I took a year off from the forums....

Message 58 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love everything about your comment. I believe it to be spot on. I am just venting about synchrony

Message 59 of 78
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

My banana republic rewards for last month were $90 and are now just gone with them closing the card. In my eyes that is theft and wrong

This is something I don't think any lender should be able to do. If they were earned legitimately, and it falls on the lender to prove otherwise, they need to pay out. Breach of contract in my opinion regardless of what protections they put in the fine print.

Message 60 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.