Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank Closed Accounts - Arbitration

tag
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

Synchrony Bank Closed Accounts - Arbitration

Yeah they starting doing to me now I have another about it I put a complaint to the corporate offices waiting for a response 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

Re: Synchrony closed all of my accounts today

I left messages on ms keanes voice mail until they took it off the directly sent several emails to the ceo even sent in an arbration demand still have not heard a thing back still under review 

Message 2 of 23
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

I just found out sychnory only pulls your report once every quarter I found out I had bogus collections on my credit totaling in 8000 thst should not be there I called the credit bureaus and got them fixed but now have to wait u to August 8th until they pull my credit report again how fair is that if u get it fixed they should be able to pull your new credit reports and fix the situation they closed my care account and lowered the limit on T.J.Maxx and now even thought I got my credit fixed I am stuck with thst in there system until they get an updated report which could be not until next mo th 

Message 3 of 23
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

I just found out sychnory only pulls your report once every quarter I found out I had bogus collections on my credit totaling in 8000 thst should not be there I called the credit bureaus and got them fixed but now have to wait u to August 8th until they pull my credit report again how fair is that if u get it fixed they should be able to pull your new credit reports and fix the situation they closed my care account and lowered the limit on T.J.Maxx and now even thought I got my credit fixed I am stuck with thst in there system until they get an updated report which could be not until next mo th 

If you had a "bogus" collection "pop up", you would have received multiple notifications as soon as it happened. 

That's fine and all, but it just goes to show that "closed for no reason" usually involves a very good reason. 

While I'm no fan of Synchrony,  they work out just fine for most people, and most people do not experience closures for "no reason". 

Message 4 of 23
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

U always defend them u must be invested in them but how is only pulling your credit. Once every quarter fAir if u have mistake they should be able to pull a new one when it's fixed Instead of letting u suffer for 3 months

Message 5 of 23
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

U always defend them u must be invested in them but how is only pulling your credit. Once every quarter fAir if u have mistake they should be able to pull a new one when it's fixed Instead of letting u suffer for 3 months

Who are you referring to . Nobody is "invested " in them? 

Closures happen all the time it's just business , it's really best to cut your losses and move on. We recently received a few closures we took the hit and moved on .

You initial thread was closed on this very topic and now it keeps running on this thread . While I understand your frustration been there too, time to move on .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

Yes, amyone disagreeing must have a hidden motive.   The point is that the story has shifted, going from "closed for no reason" to "closed because of bad info on the CR (which isn't the fault of Sync) and now they won't repull the credit when I tell them to."

It costs money to pull (which is how CRAs make money) and so they won't do it on demand, because lots of people would want a new pull as soon as a payment is made or whatever.   Ideally, once the CRA agrees the info is bad they could inform everyone, but probably not worth while for them to do so.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

Yes, amyone disagreeing must have a hidden motive.   The point is that the story has shifted, going from "closed for no reason" to "closed because of bad info on the CR (which isn't the fault of Sync) and now they won't repull the credit when I tell them to."

It costs money to pull (which is how CRAs make money) and so they won't do it on demand, because lots of people would want a new pull as soon as a payment is made or whatever.   Ideally, once the CRA agrees the info is bad they could inform everyone, but probably not worth while for them to do so.

There is always a reason, barring an algorithm malfunction, of why accounts are closed. Getting the real answer isn't always possible, because maybe the real answer is your account just doesn't fit their portfolio needs at the time, even if you pay on time every time. 

Sometimes you just get tired of your favorite restaurant, even though the food is fine.

Message 8 of 23
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

So are we just live the mistake for 3 moths while synchonary takes its sweet time to pull my report again if there is a mistake like they should be able to pull a new one they report every month why can't pull one every month they are going off a bogus report pulled. In May 8th and it took them this long to take action they could let me know why they did it Instead of finding out my card was declined going to use it

Message 9 of 23
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

So are we just live the mistake for 3 moths while synchonary takes its sweet time to pull my report again if there is a mistake like they should be able to pull a new one they report every month why can't pull one every month they are going off a bogus report pulled. In May 8th and it took them this long to take action they could let me know why they did it Instead of finding out my card was declined going to use it

The person who started this thread had their cards closed. They weren't happy about it, but they answered questions to alleviate concerns of others, and they attempted to understand the situation from lender's point of view. 

It was stressful for them, but they were gracious throughout their ordeal. 

I will not lock their thread because you. 

Let it go, or change your tone and approach. 

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.