Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony closed my PepBoys

tag
JFoBoston
Established Member

Synchrony closed my PepBoys

Logged in to check my balances and noticed that my PepBoys credit card ($2k line) with a zero balance was closed.  Paid it off last cycle and my scores are up with nothing late in years.

Waiting on the letter...  I'm a heavy Synchrony Bank user so hoping this is isolated.  

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Synchrony closed my PepBoys

Sorry to hear about account closure.

Message 2 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Man sorry to hear, this is a very good card to have from Synchrony, very versatile  imo. 

Message 3 of 13
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Yeah, sorry that happened and hopefully isolated from your other accts. 

For dp's sake.....Have you logged into your other accts. and checked your latest VS4 score?  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

OP, sorry for your closureSmiley Sad

Seem's as if Sync is on a mission lately.

Message 5 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

For dp's sake.....Have you logged into your other accts. and checked your latest VS4 score?  

Not for nothing but my Fico 8s seem to keep on par with my Vantage scores, dont know how nor why but i lol everytime since its slways mentioned Vantage is useless.....tell that to my bruised egoSmiley Wink

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

Not for nothing but my Fico 8s seem to keep on par with my Vantage scores, dont know how nor why but i lol everytime since its slways mentioned Vantage is useless.....tell that to my bruised egoSmiley Wink

My VS3 and VS4 are both 777 on TU as of this moment and FICO is is 788. Close enough. 

Vantage penalizes me a lot more heavily for balances than FICO does so if I cross 30% again I'll lose 50 points on Vantage while losing 10 at the most from FICO. 

Message 7 of 13
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@JFoBoston wrote:

my scores are up

This is the reason I asked ^^^.   Which scores are up?......Fico 8(?) or the one Synchrony is "supposedly" using according to some MF members  have recently reported? (last 4 or 5 months - VS4) @Anonymous  was the first to bring VS4 to our attention iirc.

BTW, my TU and VS4 are not in line at all and never has been.  While my TU Fico 8 is 744, my VS4 is 697 and has been even lower (20pts) since I lasted posted over two months ago. VS3 is 704.  I'd like to have some recent score dp's if at all possible....not everyone has had that opportunity since all accts. have either been shut down at the same time or they only had 1 acct. to begin with so VS4 scores were not reported.

Message 8 of 13
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Vantage is useless.....

If Synchrony is using VS4 (not VS3) to determine anything at all about our accts. it's not quite totally useless.

Message 9 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

Vantage is useless.....

If Synchrony is using VS4 (not VS3) to determine anything at all about our accts. it's not quite totally useless.

Oh its not useless at all. But many speak of Vantage like its pottymouthSmiley Wink. To tell the truth i dont pay much attention to the scoring game,  its rules, what affects it etc. I just try and concentrate on using my credit, paying on time and reducing debt. It only takes one stupid mistake  or covid to undo years of hard work so why sweat the scoring process.  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.