cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony cutting and closing every single one of my accounts...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony cutting and closing every single one of my accounts...

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi! Not guaranteed the solution but I've heard of this before and was told it may be you giving them permission to see your detailed reports through their "credit monitoring" programs. Cancel all your memberships and remove permissions with those banks. Ive done so and only kept the membership going on 1 consistent credit card of mine that hasnt done any funny business like cutting my limits. All the cards I had fico score subscriptions with, lowered my limits atleast twice before I cancelled. Those banks were Barclays (1 card) and Bank of America (2 cards). My friend had positive results with this after Citi and Barclays cut his limits 3 times. Bank of America hasnt cut my limit again since so fingers crossed. Hope this helps.

Wow. I'm definitely going to try that myself. 

Message 51 of 53
drboxing
Established Contributor

I will never again have a synchrony card, they are the absolute worst

Message 52 of 53
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@drboxing wrote:
I will never again have a synchrony card, they are the absolute worst

As a rule I limit my credit card exposure to 2 cards per issuer, and do not have nor want a store card. The issuer or cardholder can cancel a credit card for reason or even no reason at all. Credit is not a right, so limiting your exposure to any single lender is wise, as is having your finances to a point where credit is not a need. If you rely on credit cards to make ends meet, you are living beyond your means. I have read a lot of complaints about both Syncrony and Comenity, so I never applied for either.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 53 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.