Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony >> "Another one bites the dust"

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Synchrony >> "Another one bites the dust"

@chuckwood wrote:

I got bit by the synchrony snake too this morning.

NO! good riddance again! 

Dang, sorry!  You were a big help to me with the Car Care and cli info. 

(((lightbulb)))  Car Careless,  Careless Credit....what else?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 91 of 158
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@blindambition wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear about your closures as it is quite a chunk to lose, and a bumme rhat they couldn't at least communicate with customers on which cards you're pfer be closed. I mean of all the store cards in their portfolio, I probably would have liked to keep the Amazon account open.

While I'm sure you're not pleased with them it's nice too see you're handling it in such a positive manner publically. We've definitely seen our share of SYNCH bashing threads for this very act.

Again, while I agree they probably are in serious trouble, and that's probably why it was swift and all encompassing. I feel they should have tried worked with consumers to choose between which cards to axe or keep, some likely were very old accounts one might have wanted to keep. Or there may have been useful cards they still used, and would rather axe the new or unused ones instead.

It's not really about losing CL's as those can be gotten anywhere, it's about what this does to a person's profile. I just hope these mass closures do not cause too much hassle for all those involved, with other Lenders possibly following suit. 

This is why I feel Sync should be investigated. I'm not quite sure how. While a lender has a right to close accounts, it's the way it's being done. With very serious potential consequences to customer. The fact that it isn't really based on customers ability to pay just makes it even more cringeworthy.

Well, that's not going to happen because while they are lending, we are borrowing. We do not own accounts, they belong to lender, hence "For any reason.." in T&C.

If I gave you my favorite otter you to play with, then decided to take it back, there would be nothing you could do about it. It's mine, and me wanting it back has nothing to do with a fact you are more than capable to take care of it. You "borrowed it".  It might cause you distress because you've grown fond of it, and you took care of it, but we already covered that in contract. 

So, from that standpoint, there wont be any investigations or looking into it. 

I dont mind store cards, and while I like a couple of Synchrony cards, I've always found them to be quite cringy and sketchy when it comes to how they conduct their business, so I closed the one I had and went with "not for me" logic. 

This is very unfortunate,  but hopefully also a learning opportunity not to lean too much at washed out lender who ends up in desperate situations every 7-10 years.

This behavior isn't  exactly new for them, they've done it before, and they will do it again. 

Message 92 of 158
chuckwood
Regular Contributor

Its ok. That is the only 2 things I have with synchrony at this time. I was more suprised than anything. Both accounts where 7-10 years old. I think something is seriously up with synchrony. I think they are treading water right now trying to stay afloat during the pandemic. With a 760 vantage 4.0 score ( Thats what they use ), no new credit or spikes in credit usage, I thought I would be ok but oh well. One less thing to worry about.  

Message 93 of 158
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear about your closures as it is quite a chunk to lose, and a bumme rhat they couldn't at least communicate with customers on which cards you're pfer be closed. I mean of all the store cards in their portfolio, I probably would have liked to keep the Amazon account open.

While I'm sure you're not pleased with them it's nice too see you're handling it in such a positive manner publically. We've definitely seen our share of SYNCH bashing threads for this very act.

Again, while I agree they probably are in serious trouble, and that's probably why it was swift and all encompassing. I feel they should have tried worked with consumers to choose between which cards to axe or keep, some likely were very old accounts one might have wanted to keep. Or there may have been useful cards they still used, and would rather axe the new or unused ones instead.

It's not really about losing CL's as those can be gotten anywhere, it's about what this does to a person's profile. I just hope these mass closures do not cause too much hassle for all those involved, with other Lenders possibly following suit. 

This is why I feel Sync should be investigated. I'm not quite sure how. While a lender has a right to close accounts, it's the way it's being done. With very serious potential consequences to customer. The fact that it isn't really based on customers ability to pay just makes it even more cringeworthy.

Well, that's not going to happen because while they are lending, we are borrowing. We do not own accounts, they belong to lender, hence "For any reason.." in T&C.

If I gave you my favorite otter you to play with, then decided to take it back, there would be nothing you could do about it. It's mine, and me wanting it back has nothing to do with a fact you are more than capable to take care of it. You "borrowed it".  It might cause you distress because you've grown fond of it, and you took care of it, but we already covered that in contract. 

So, from that standpoint, there wont be any investigations or looking into it. 

I dont mind store cards, and while I like a couple of Synchrony cards, I've always found them to be quite cringy and sketchy when it comes to how they conduct their business, so I closed the one I had and went with "not for me" logic. 

This is very unfortunate,  but hopefully also a learning opportunity not to lean too much at washed out lender who ends up in desperate situations every 7-10 years.

This behavior isn't  exactly new for them, they've done it before, and they will do it again. 

I know and understand that. Just extremely wrong. They get the jackhole of the year!!

Message 94 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one Synchrony card (JC Penney) that I don't use and has been cut several times over the years. It was down to $1,000 and they just cut it again to $500. They must really be hurting. Smiley Very Happy

Message 95 of 158
core
Valued Contributor

@chuckwood wrote:

I got bit by the synchrony snake too this morning. I only had 2 cards with them. Care Credit and Car Care.

Only 2 cards, that is ridiculous.  What was your total CL with them?  I only have 2 cards with them as well, with a total limit of less than $20k.  I thought I'd be MORE than safe, but now I see I'm not.  I'm gonna start taking vitamin D and checking my cards daily.

Message 96 of 158
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on being so bullet proof ,credit wise,that

this is not a big deal to you personaly :-) Geez @M_Smart007 

I go away for a month and you blow 100K??? We gotta play poker

sometime LOL!!!  Good to read a post from you again :-) 

Sychrony took about 50K from me...couldn't care less:-)

Hope all is well!!!!!

Cheers

Message 97 of 158
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@chuckwood wrote:

Its ok. That is the only 2 things I have with synchrony at this time. I was more suprised than anything. Both accounts where 7-10 years old. I think something is seriously up with synchrony. I think they are treading water right now trying to stay afloat during the pandemic. With a 760 vantage 4.0 score ( Thats what they use ), no new credit or spikes in credit usage, I thought I would be ok but oh well. One less thing to worry about.  

@chuckwood, Thank you for adding DP's.

Message 98 of 158
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

Wow this just keeps getting  worse and worse I have wrote letters to bbb the credit card protection bureau and sent Mrs Keane emails this is horrible I really hope these stores back out and choose other lenders in the future those stores are going to lose business too because of synchrony 

Message 99 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chuckwood wrote:

See, this is what makes me nervous. Hardly any bank thinks that two accounts is too much exposure. With a 7-10 year old relationship, that's a mighty big axe to drop!

Message 100 of 158
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.