Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony >> "Another one bites the dust"

tag
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Re: Synchrony >> "Another one bites the dust"

That sucks. I am still holding to $75K...curious if they are still in their PEAK of slashing. 

Message 61 of 158
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

By the way, after getting nuked by Synchrony for having too much credit with them, what would their reaction be if you go back after a couple of months and reapply for one of their cards?  Will they hold the previous account closures against you?

@Anonymous, I am not sure how that would work, maybe someone else could answer that?

At this point, I really don't need any of their cards. And highly doubt I would apply for anything Sinkrony again.

The old adage;  "Once bitten, twice shy"

I can find nothing wrong with that.  A reasonable person would let Stinkrony rot.

But I am looking for a little breakup luv.  A couple of SUBs and then promptly throw Stinkrony under the bus.  

@Anonymous, Sync SUB ..where? .. here is my breakup luv song .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtjro7_R3-4

Message 62 of 158
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@RickNATL wrote:

That sucks. I am still holding to $75K...curious if they are still in their PEAK of slashing. 

My answer to that would be a "yes"

Message 63 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 sorry for your credit loss. Totally agree it was handled in a unprofessional manner. 

While a letter to Synchrony EO may not gain anything, I do wonder about a letter to the BoD of the retail establishments. How likely are you to shop at those stores?

Message 64 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 sorry for your credit loss. Totally agree it was handled in a unprofessional manner. 

While a letter to Synchrony EO may not gain anything, I do wonder about a letter to the BoD of the retail establishments. How likely are you to shop at those stores?

And that is what I did.  I'm waiting for responses.

Of the thousands (at least) who got shafted by Stinkrony, if all wrote and then filed CFPB complaints, that might cause them at least a little grief.  

Message 65 of 158
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

M_Smart007, I'm sorry to hear about the loss. I'm glad to hear, however, that you have a wide range of cards.

I'm expecting that my cards will be closed soon at this rate, but you know what? I have much better ones I can use. I would miss Rakuten and Amazon (10K each, but never came close to using all of it), but I don't need them as much as I once did. 

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 66 of 158
RSX
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about the closures. My round of closures was in Feb

i also will not app for any of their products ever again

and will be closing my PayPal account next month which is the earliest that they will allow

they do offer me to apply for the PayPal credit line when I login....

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 67 of 158
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

I am very sorry to hear this @M_Smart007 Smiley Sad

Something tells me this will eventually happen to me with Lowes and PC Richard, both Synchrony.

I mean I put some spend on them - but no where near the limits they offer me, especially since I have
been upping the ante the last month or 2 on the SLs.

Potential Future Cards
Message 68 of 158
Mv350
Valued Contributor

That's rough, sorry to hear @M_Smart007 

Message 69 of 158
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Well dadgum those scSmiley Madundrels.  Glad I closed mine; was a little unsure but not anymore.  @M_Smart007 you don't need that moody mess, good riddance!Smiley Wink

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 70 of 158
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.