Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony >> "Another one bites the dust"

tag
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony >> "Another one bites the dust"

Really sorry to hear about your Synchrony closures @M_Smart007 . 
Your positive outlook and reaction to it is an inspiration to us all that should be emulated. 
On another note, just checked my Sync accts and they're still active. Well I only have PPC and Marvel with $25K combined. About $300-$500 use every other month for both. If they shut me down then I guess.... they shut me down!

I have this stinking Covid thing surrounding us to worry about more than them Synchrony!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 71 of 158
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007  very sorry to hear this my friend. Me, you and a few others from the past I'm sure are now in the $100k Sync loss hall of shame 😆😂. (jk) No worries though, this will all pass over and they will be begging for our business down the road. 😉

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 72 of 158
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

Well dadgum those scSmiley Madundrels.  Glad I closed mine; was a little unsure but not anymore.  @M_Smart007 you don't need that moody mess, good riddance!Smiley Wink

@GApeachy"dadgum" my Dad used to always say thatSmiley Happy  (Born in Kentucky, raised in Tennessee)

So is it like a bad Omen?, that Sync actually used my former wedding anniversary date, the same date she divorced me?

July 1st "closed" status dateSmiley Indifferent (at least the opening date was not valentinesHeart daySmiley Tongue)

Message 73 of 158
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:

Really sorry to hear about your Synchrony closures @M_Smart007 . 
Your positive outlook and reaction to it is an inspiration to us all that should be emulated. 
On another note, just checked my Sync accts and they're still active. Well I only have PPC and Marvel with $25K combined. About $300-$500 use every other month for both. If they shut me down then I guess.... they shut me down!

I have this stinking Covid thing surrounding us to worry about more than them Synchrony!

Thanks @JR_TX Smiley Happy

One must remain positive to balance out the negativity. And yes, there are a lot greater things going on besides Sync.

Someone I know  ..was just diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer the day before her birthday.

Message 74 of 158
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

Well dadgum those scSmiley Madundrels.  Glad I closed mine; was a little unsure but not anymore.  @M_Smart007 you don't need that moody mess, good riddance!Smiley Wink

@GApeachy"dadgum" my Dad used to always say thatSmiley Happy  (Born in Kentucky, raised in Tennessee)

So is it like a bad Omen?, that Sync actually used my former wedding anniversary date, the same date she divorced me?

July 1st "closed" status dateSmiley Indifferent (at least the opening date was not valentinesHeart daySmiley Tongue)

There's a more positive way to think of it. No more nagging!! Free to see other lenders! First day of your Sync drama free life!! 😂 😂 😂 

Message 75 of 158
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

So is it like a bad Omen?

Lol!  Goodbye Moody Birds....go flock together somewhere elseSmiley Very HappySmiley LOL  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 76 of 158
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

@M_Smart007  very sorry to hear this my friend. Me, you and a few others from the past I'm sure are now in the $100k Sync loss hall of shame 😆😂. (jk) No worries though, this will all pass over and they will be begging for our business down the road. 😉

Thanks!, We must have "credit_endurance" embedded into our journeySmiley Happy

Message 77 of 158
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

Thanks!, We must have "credit_endurance" embedded into our journeySmiley Happy

🤣🤣 Too funny! Indeed we must do!! 

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 78 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about your closures as it is quite a chunk to lose, and a bumme rhat they couldn't at least communicate with customers on which cards you're pfer be closed. I mean of all the store cards in their portfolio, I probably would have liked to keep the Amazon account open.

While I'm sure you're not pleased with them it's nice too see you're handling it in such a positive manner publically. We've definitely seen our share of SYNCH bashing threads for this very act.

Again, while I agree they probably are in serious trouble, and that's probably why it was swift and all encompassing. I feel they should have tried worked with consumers to choose between which cards to axe or keep, some likely were very old accounts one might have wanted to keep. Or there may have been useful cards they still used, and would rather axe the new or unused ones instead.

It's not really about losing CL's as those can be gotten anywhere, it's about what this does to a person's profile. I just hope these mass closures do not cause too much hassle for all those involved, with other Lenders possibly following suit. 

Message 79 of 158
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Ouch, @M_Smart007! Sorry!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 80 of 158
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.