Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony has opened apps for the 2% Premier World MasterCard

tag
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Synchrony has opened apps for the 2% Premier World MasterCard

This card has been out there a while, but it was Invite Only. I was made aware today by a friend that it appears they have opened apps to the public. This is similar to the PayPal MasterCard without the need for a PP account. It is available with 13.99%, 16.99%, or 26.99%, which quite a bit better than the PPMC. It has a lot benefits than the PPMC, including cell phone protection (for now - it remains to be seen if MC nerfing that). 

The biggest negative (for me) is that cash back is only available as statement credit, and it has a 3% FTF, like the PPMC. Unfortunately, this card is not being offered with the $100 SUB that the Invite Only was being offered with. DW was offered this card last month with the $100 SUB, but we went with another Max Cash Preferred card and Synovus Rewards card since we already have the PPMC. 

https://www.synchronybank.com/creditcard/E4C9080A-2B55-47D0-BF86-504DC2CE708F.png

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

Re: Synchrony has opened apps for the 2% Premier World MasterCard

My wife was part of the invitation-only group. She loves the fact that redemption is automatically applied as a monthly statement credit because it's one less item to actively track and manage (and ultimately forget).

Message 2 of 46
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@JNA1 wrote:

This card has been out there a while, but it was Invite Only. I was made aware today by a friend that it appears they have opened apps to the public. This is similar to the PayPal MasterCard without the need for a PP account. It is available with 13.99%, 16.99%, or 26.99%, which quite a bit better than the PPMC. 
The negative (for me) is that cash back is only available as statement credit. Unfortunately, this card is not being offered with the $100 SUB that the Invite Only was being offered with. DW was offered this card last month with the $100 SUB, but we went with another Max Cash Preferred card and Synovus Rewards card since we already have the PPMC. 

https://www.synchronybank.com/creditcard/

Oh dear 😳🥴😉  I just can't 😂

<counts current SYNCB CCs and exposure>

<carry the 1...divided by 5...>

FinStar has left the topic

Message 3 of 46
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

This card has been out there a while, but it was Invite Only. I was made aware today by a friend that it appears they have opened apps to the public. This is similar to the PayPal MasterCard without the need for a PP account. It is available with 13.99%, 16.99%, or 26.99%, which quite a bit better than the PPMC. 
The negative (for me) is that cash back is only available as statement credit. Unfortunately, this card is not being offered with the $100 SUB that the Invite Only was being offered with. DW was offered this card last month with the $100 SUB, but we went with another Max Cash Preferred card and Synovus Rewards card since we already have the PPMC. 

Aw, what's the worst that can happen??😳😂😉

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 4 of 46
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@JNA1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

Aw, what's the worst that can happen??😳😂😉

You tell me! 😂

Ok, you're allowed to call a friend for the answer.

Message 5 of 46
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Thanks for sharing, @JNA1

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 46
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@FinStar BBE5044B-578C-4BF6-A903-F1A809BEF639.gif

CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 7 of 46
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@JNA1 wrote:

Exactly.

Imma think about it, though 😉

Message 8 of 46
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

Exactly.

Imma think about it, though 😉

Superman wears @FinStar underwear, or so I've heard! 😂

CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 9 of 46
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

😆 😅 😂 🤣 😝... 😶... 😶... 🤣 🤣

That's priceless....

You guys go ahead. I'll be watching from right over......................here. 

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.