Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony vs Synchrony Financial

tag
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

Synchrony vs Synchrony Financial

Ok, so i just logged into my Synchrony Financial accout ( Ashley Furniture) and noticed that the credit limit increase option look just like Walmart, Amazon, etc.....does this mean that cli are now soft pulls from Synchrony Financial?

Current Scores EQ 689| EX 688| TU 679
Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
GARDENING UNTIL APPING....
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony vs Synchrony Financial

yes they are

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

To my knowledge, they have always been SPs.

Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I think its too early to tell. No clear dps yet. Mostly SF were always hp but it could be changing.

I will add one dp. I recently noticed this on my PepBoys card. Hit the button , denied. TU was locked. The other day i unlocked my TU to sign up for free fico from same account, decided to try again. Denied again with TU unlocked. Quickly locked it back again but didnt receive any instant alerts of hp so there may be some truth to this but like i said . Need more people to way in.
Message 4 of 10
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I think its too early to tell. No clear dps yet. Mostly SF were always hp but it could be changing.

I will add one dp. I recently noticed this on my PepBoys card. Hit the button , denied. TU was locked. The other day i unlocked my TU to sign up for free fico from same account, decided to try again. Denied again with TU unlocked. Quickly locked it back again but didnt receive any instant alerts of hp so there may be some truth to this but like i said . Need more people to way in.

I agree, I will wait for someone else to pull that trigger lol, any takers?

Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for letting us know about this!  My sleepy's card is currently at 47% utilization because of a 0% promotion.  This is very tempting...but I think I will try to wait for more reports.

Message 6 of 10
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for letting us know about this!  My sleepy's card is currently at 47% utilization because of a 0% promotion.  This is very tempting...but I think I will try to wait for more reports.

youre quite welcome jw2016

Message 7 of 10
Louscrw
Established Member

Reviving older thread, but synchrony financial is a SP.  I just hit the “Request More” button and got an instant approval from 1.5K to 10K (I asked for $20K but they countered w/ 10K)

FICO 08 a/o 10/2018:

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice SP CLI!  Way to shoot high to ensure that you didn't leave anything on the table.

Message 9 of 10
outofcredit
Established Contributor

@Shawndoe79 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

I agree, I will wait for someone else to pull that trigger lol, any takers?

I did back to back cli requests for my Car Care account back in June and was approved for both.  No hp for either.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.