cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synovus CC (for those not in geo area but applied in branch)

tag
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

Synovus CC (for those not in geo area but applied in branch)

I have a question for those of you who are out of synovus geo area and have obtained a CC from them. After you finish the process of physically going into a branch, opening an account and obtaining a credit card ----- once you have an synovus online login can you apply for other products if you are not in there geo are or would you have to physically go into a branch again??

Just curious becuase you can now open a synovus CD online from any state it seems like, which gives you access to the online portal.....

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
10 REPLIES 10
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

Re: Synovus CC (for those not in geo area but applied in branch)

bump. Smiley Sad

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 2 of 11
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Hey @snickerpedia 

I do know that even being in the footprint I had to go into the branch for that first product, but I also had no relationship with them and was only applying for a card (no checking or savings). Now that I have the card I do have the option to apply for new cards right as I log in. If you have a checking and/or savings it does let  you apply for that first card online. Let me clarify, are you out of the actual footrpint (AL, FL, GA, SC, TN) and trying to apply for a card only, or are you in the footprint and just far from a branch? 

I dont' envision they would have multiple online banking platforms that would enable/disable new apps after you're a customer. Also are you asking because you plan to apply and are wondering about future apps as well? I'm not sure if they allow folks to get their products if you do not reside in their geo-fence. You might have to ring them up and ask about it. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 6.07.06 PM.png

Message 3 of 11
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

@credit_is_crack 

Thank you for your response!@!  

I am not in their footprint - I was planning on taking a trip to a branch sometime. (I have read about others who are not in their geo area do this unless I am mistaken). 

I have been stalking their website for a while trying to open any kind of account with them to see if it would open doors to getting a credit card without having to travel - Then finally the option to open a CD ONLINE from MY STATE is available. I guess basically I am trying to see if I did open that CD (minimum 1k - not bad), recieved an online login, if I would be able to apply for a credit card that way -=---If that makes any sense

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 4 of 11
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Ohhh ok that makes more sense. @CreditCuriosity do you have any insight? I know you traveled when you got yours (IIRC), but do you know if @snickerpedia would be eligible to open a CC if he opens a CD first (making him a customer)?

Message 5 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Ohhh ok that makes more sense. @CreditCuriosity do you have any insight? I know you traveled when you got yours (IIRC), but do you know if @snickerpedia would be eligible to open a CC if he opens a CD first (making him a customer)?

I think as long as you have online access you can apply.. Also know people outside their geo restriction that went into branch and also approved during a cc-vacation Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Thanks @CreditCuriosity . 

There you go @snickerpedia They used to have various online platforms but recently merged them all into one new one (well really they allowed all the non-checking/savings customers to use the platform as the checking/savings customers, which does allow online apps). 

GL!

Message 7 of 11
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

@credit_is_crack @CreditCuriosity 

thank you both so much for your wealth of knowledge . I guess I will be a GP and open my CD soon and see what happens!!!

thanks again guys(or gals)!!!!!!!

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@snickerpedia wrote:

... CD (minimum 1k - not bad) ...

Hmm. When I went to  check it out it said minimum of $10,000. Looked on the app & under AMOUNT is showed minimum of $10,000. Maybe I did it wrong?

Anyways, I had a thought (and if you succeed as GP with your strategy I might try it):

* what if one opened the CD;

* waited an indeterminite (hopefully not very long) time until a CC or checking account could be gotten;

* surrendered the CD & took the (presumably very small) early redemption penalty?

Should work, no?

Message 9 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@snickerpedia wrote:

... CD (minimum 1k - not bad) ...

Hmm. When I went to  check it out it said minimum of $10,000. Looked on the app & under AMOUNT is showed minimum of $10,000. Maybe I did it wrong?

Anyways, I had a thought (and if you succeed as GP with your strategy I might try it):

* what if one opened the CD;

* waited an indeterminite (hopefully not very long) time until a CC or checking account could be gotten;

* surrendered the CD & took the (presumably very small) early redemption penalty?

Should work, no?

Right, it looks like online, with the "special" rate, requires $10K.   For normal CD, which presumably requires branch, min is $1K

Note:  "Penalty for early withdrawal. Withdrawals of principal are not permitted within the first 60 days of initial transfer of funds"

So even with penalties, you cannot withdraw at all for 60 days.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.