Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synovus Credit Card Products

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Synovus Credit Card Products

Hey there community, hope all is well amoung us.

Had a question regarding Synovus applying for their credit card products.

Do you have to have an checking/savings account with them to be able to apply for products? Also, can you apply for products via their website? 

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synovus Credit Card Products

You do not have to have a checking/savings to apply for product if you can stop into their branch to apply and can apply from out of their geo footprint if inside state that has branches.  If you have savings/checking you can apply for credit products online.

Message 2 of 19
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

I applied through the website.  I don't think an existing checking/savings was needed, but this was several years ago. I think they are geofenced, though (AL, FL, GA, SC, TN).

Message 3 of 19
DONZI
Established Contributor

@credit_endurance 

I believe that to apply for any of their credit cards online you must first have an account with them.

The deposit account I opened was in-branch since I figured that I could get everything done in one move, however you can open a deposit account online and then presumably be able to apply for a credit card online once the new deposit account settles.

They may have some SUBs via bonus codes, but the ones I've seen on their site are basic -- EG: provide a 0% apr balance transfer, etc.

If though, you would park some money with them to activate their "Plus" or "Inspire" relationship, they do offer some embedded SUBs for that. The SUBs are actually pretty decent IMO.

RE: relationship programs - Plus & Inspire

NOTE: the relationship SUBs are without any sort of indications of -anything- (time left, amt. to go, etc) but upon satisfying the spend they plop the reward points instantly into the account.

FWIW, I've been adding to my initial message regarding their categories here.

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 4 of 19
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

You do not have to have a checking/savings to apply for product if you can stop into their branch to apply and can apply from out of their geo footprint if inside state that has branches.  If you have savings/checking you can apply for credit products online.

Thanks @CreditCuriosity for the tip. I'm a couple states away from nearest branches. Maybe I will plan a short road trip soon. 😉

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 5 of 19
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

I applied through the website.  I don't think an existing checking/savings was needed, but this was several years ago. I think they are geofenced, though (AL, FL, GA, SC, TN).

Thanks @MrDisco99  I hear they are pretty generous with the SL so it really leaks my interest.

Message 6 of 19
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@DONZI wrote:

@credit_endurance 

I believe that to apply for any of their credit cards online you must first have an account with them.

The deposit account I opened was in-branch since I figured that I could get everything done in one move, however you can open a deposit account online and then presumably be able to apply for a credit card online once the new deposit account settles.

They may have some SUBs via bonus codes, but the ones I've seen on their site are basic -- EG: provide a 0% apr balance transfer, etc.

If though, you would park some money with them to activate their "Plus" or "Inspire" relationship, they do offer some embedded SUBs for that. The SUBs are actually pretty decent IMO.

RE: relationship programs - Plus & Inspire

NOTE: the relationship SUBs are without any sort of indications of -anything- (time left, amt. to go, etc) but upon satisfying the spend they plop the reward points instantly into the account.

FWIW, I've been adding to my initial message regarding their categories here.

Thanks @DONZI  for this contribution. Seeing that I'm a couple states away from the nearest branches, opening up an account online would be awesome. Will have a look on their site to see if I can locate that option.

Edit: Just looking things over and question...So is it the inspire account that I would need to open up? 

Message 7 of 19
JNA1
Valued Contributor

DW and I just opened a free checking and chucked $100 in there. They are generous with SLs - we both got nice limits with no prior experience with them.

36AF265E-D9B5-4DA3-988C-64248B8DB974.jpeg

574191F5-1042-40E3-A9CC-E7FB02C724F3.jpeg

3BFDDC07-959E-43FC-9890-0BE766FDE707.jpeg

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 8 of 19
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

DW and I just opened a free checking and chucked $100 in there. They are generous with SLs - we both got nice limits with no prior experience with them.

36AF265E-D9B5-4DA3-988C-64248B8DB974.jpeg

574191F5-1042-40E3-A9CC-E7FB02C724F3.jpeg

3BFDDC07-959E-43FC-9890-0BE766FDE707.jpeg

Ha Ha, nice job @JNA1 ! Thanks for posting this. So how long between open checking accounts did you guys place the credit card applications? 

Message 9 of 19
JNA1
Valued Contributor

We opened the checking accounts and applied immediately. In fact, I was approved for my card 11 minutes after I screenshot'd the checking account approval apparently according to my phone

A3CD3449-AE80-487A-8BB6-AFD157536205.png

02F19786-AEF6-4CD1-909B-263A306473CD.png

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.