Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synovus Impressions and DPs.

tag
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Synovus Impressions and DPs.

In the interest of giving back to the great people and info I've learned here, I thought I'd give a review of my new Synovus Travel Rewards card. When researching this card for myself, I found that the available info was less than most cards I've gotten. This card has 5% cash back up $5K per year for vacation purchases, a selectable 3% category up to $3K quarter, and 1% on everything else. Synovus has a couple of other Rewards cards besides this one as well that are pretty good. 

I was approved for $16K @ 12.24% with F8 scores in the 770's across the board. They actually pulled F9 EQ, which is actually a little higher than my F8 scores at 794. 

12E75844-12FB-44E2-AA68-610644B668A6.jpeg

App and online banking: The app is simple and pretty well laid out. It's easy to navigate, but there is not a luv button that I can see.

CA36F331-7B53-435F-898E-742A118C2887.jpeg

D4BBDC0D-9463-4235-BD4F-3DFCC385C764.jpeg

E47DB348-570E-4F1E-9F34-0F801B6F6E23.jpeg

Alerts: All alerts except purchase alerts can be set on the main site, but for some strange reason there is a separate app for card alerts that purchase alerts are set up in. That's kind of annoying, but you can setup up purchase alerts to push notifications, email, or text alerts. So far, I downloaded the card alerts app and I haven't had to go back into that separate app. It seems to be set and forget it (hopefully). 
74862FC2-FE43-44B2-9B17-DFFE1ECD1DD3.jpeg

Rewards: I've seen Synovus' Rewards be referred to as a "BBVA ClearPoints clone", and that's not too far off, as far rewards go. In fact, the rewards interface is identical. After researching, I found that TSYS handles the rewards for both cards, so that makes sense. Ive read this card has broad categories, so I assume it will be similar to BBVA in that regard. Points show up as soon as the purchase posts just like BBVA. There is a $25 minimum redemption, but there is a Pay Me Back feature that lets you pay smaller purchases with the points. Cash back can be redeemed as statement of cash back directly into a Synovus account, which is what I did. 

You can see from the pics, it the same structure as BBVA

04A7C147-F66F-4F1E-AEEC-5F435D0FB7E9.jpeg

C4F686CF-9ECD-483F-9DB1-B41DCFDA432A.jpeg

4D342E65-064D-475C-B296-01E0E24FEF41.jpeg

B8CF6C8B-58C3-4DE0-A840-7F6F75D28E17.jpeg

Overall, so far I really like the card. I have tons of vacation time rolled over from last year, and all my vacation cash back from 2020 is sitting in the bank, so the 5% up to $5000 will maxed out this year! I can't wait! 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: Synovus Impressions and DPs.

@FinStar  <I think> I solved my large picture issue. Please let me know if not. 

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 2 of 31
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Synovus has pretty good cards and are generous with their CL's.  No  complaints from me at all.  Would highly suggest them to people in their geo footprint ir if they are near a branch while traveling to stop by the branch and apply for one Smiley Happy.

Message 3 of 31
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Thanks! @JNA1  They've been emailing an offer for one of their biz cards.

Thoughts on biz cards?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 31
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Synovus has pretty good cards and are generous with their CL's.  No  complaints from me at all.  Would highly suggest them to people in their geo footprint ir if they are near a branch while traveling to stop by the branch and apply for one Smiley Happy.

As a friendly heads up, you can see a map of Synovus Bank's branch locations at the following link:

https://www.usbanklocations.com/map.php?zoom=4&lat=39.368279&lon=-98.891603&name=Synovus+Bank

For those of you who don't want to look at the link, Synovus Bank has branches in the following states:

*Alabama

*Florida

*Georgia

*South Carolina

*Tennessee

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 5 of 31
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the DPs. This card is on my radar for Q4 app spree. Will have to drive to their branch, so hopefully they accept customers from NC.

Message 6 of 31
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@Heatt99 wrote:

Thank you for the DPs. This card is on my radar for Q4 app spree. Will have to drive to their branch, so hopefully they accept customers from NC.

Good luck with it! 

CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 7 of 31
galahad15
Valued Contributor

The card honestly sounds very intriguing, but the AF is most likely a no-go for me, in terms of if I would ever app for it.  Cash+ has 5% rewards categories (albeit in completely different categories), with no AF, and so I think I'll stick with Cash+ for now, for the 5% rewards perks.

Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FormerCollegeDJ wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

As a friendly heads up, you can see a map of Synovus Bank's branch locations at the following link:

https://www.usbanklocations.com/map.php?zoom=4&lat=39.368279&lon=-98.891603&name=Synovus+Bank

For those of you who don't want to look at the link, Synovus Bank has branches in the following states:

*Alabama

*Florida

*Georgia

*South Carolina

*Tennessee

Is there a way to apply for their CC without living or traveling to said states? I live in North East....don't travel to these states nor I ever have had....Any hope for me, otherwise??

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this bank sensitive to inquiries, number of open accounts and total available credit? Which Credit bureau they pull from? What's the data-points? Thanks...

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.