Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synovus Impressions and DPs.

tag
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: Synovus Impressions and DPs.

From what I read, they aren't particularly sensitive to inquiries or accounts, though I was only 2/12 on Equifax. They pull F9 EQ. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 11 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FormerCollegeDJ wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Synovus has pretty good cards and are generous with their CL's.  No  complaints from me at all.  Would highly suggest them to people in their geo footprint ir if they are near a branch while traveling to stop by the branch and apply for one Smiley Happy.

As a friendly heads up, you can see a map of Synovus Bank's branch locations at the following link:

https://www.usbanklocations.com/map.php?zoom=4&lat=39.368279&lon=-98.891603&name=Synovus+Bank

For those of you who don't want to look at the link, Synovus Bank has branches in the following states:

*Alabama

*Florida

*Georgia

*South Carolina

*Tennessee

Is there a way to apply for their CC without living or traveling to said states? I live in North East....don't travel to these states nor I ever have had....Any hope for me, otherwise??

Not unless you are in their footprint area or happen to receive a targeted mailer or solicitation, just like BB&T @Anonymous. 

Message 12 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

But if I stop-by to any of their branches, can I be able to apply for their CC products? Or I will still be prohibited? Thanks

Message 13 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

You'd need to open up a deposit account of some sort, IIRC.  Then you can apply for a CC.  Can't recall if they're Chex sensitive or not. 

Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

You'd need to open up a deposit account of some sort, IIRC.  Then you can apply for a CC.  Can't recall if they're Chex sensitive or not. 

Can a deposit account be opened online without traveling there or I must need to travel and open up an account there in person??

Message 15 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Can a deposit account be opened online without traveling there or I must need to travel and open up an account there in person??

In person.  Unless things have changed recently, you can explore to see if it allows you to do so online if you're out of their geographic location.

If traveling, you would likely need to make an appointment given pandemic protocols. 

Message 16 of 31
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@FinStar  @Anonymous 

I am in their footprint, but I had also had to open a free checking account to be able to apply for the card. I did it all online, and it was instant. The whole process took 15 mins or so (checking account and card). 

You might just want to see if you start the process online. I would think it would kick you off pretty quickly if they have it geolocked. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JNA1 wrote:

@FinStar  @Anonymous 

I am in their footprint, but I had also had to open a free checking account to be able to apply for the card. I did it all online, and it was instant. The whole process took 15 mins or so (checking account and card). 

You might just want to see if you start the process online. I would think it would kick you off pretty quickly if they have it geolocked. 

Ok...Thnx....I might give them a call as well ...tomorrow to see if they do allow opening an account online for outsiders...Same situation with BBVA...I was able to open a checking account with BBVA more than a month ago...and now I could see CC offers on my account...but I am not sure I will be applying for any card as of now because I did open 8-9 new accounts within a month....I might wait a year or two, I think...no sure yet...If they allow outsiders to open an account online then it would be wonderful...will save a long trip...Planning on a Disney Vaccation anyway with couples of friends...a few work for Disney...so getting a free Disney vacation...so will be in FL...Let's see how it goes...Thanks for the datapoints...

Message 18 of 31
DONZI
Established Contributor

Thanks for the DP info!

As I understand it, for approvals with >= $10K CL a Visa Signature will be issued, otherwise a classic. The diff. seems to distill down to inclusion of boilerplate Visa Sig. curated benefits of A) hotel / resort and B) dining for the VS card.

Any insight if the other cards have Classic and Signature flavors also?

In regard to the custom categories, do any of the cards offer similar to the BBVA CP with utility, auto, etc type categories?  ..any chance a screenshot or list of the categories for any of the synovus cards?

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 19 of 31
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@DONZI wrote:

Thanks for the DP info!

As I understand it, for approvals with >= $10K CL a Visa Signature will be issued, otherwise a classic. The diff. seems to distill down to inclusion of boilerplate Visa Sig. curated benefits of A) hotel / resort and B) dining for the VS card.

Any insight if the other cards have Classic and Signature flavors also?

In regard to the custom categories, do any of the cards offer similar to the BBVA CP with utility, auto, etc type categories?  ..any chance a screenshot or list of the categories for any of the synovus cards?

Synovus doesn't offer visa signatures that i am aware of.  Card I got started out at 18k and was a non signature, don't believe it is offered as a signature.

Yes the cash version certainly offers categories you choosed and managed through tsys if i recall being rewards they manage for synovus.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.