cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synovus offering 0% for 12 mos on purchases and BTs with no BT fee.

tag
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Synovus offering 0% for 12 mos on purchases and BTs with no BT fee.

Normally Synovus only offers the 0% for 12 months for purchases and BTs offers on their Classic card, but they are offering it on their Rewards card, their Business card, and the Travel Rewards card until the end of the year. They also do not charge a BT fee. 

For those that don't know, their Rewards card is very similar to the now discontinued BBVA ClearPoints card. It has the selectable 3% and 2% category that has the same awesomely broad categories as the ClearPoints card did. The Travel Rewards card is like also like the ClearPoints card with a selectable 3% and 2% category, but also with a 5% up to $5K per year travel category.  
They also have a Cash Rewards card that has a selectable 3% and 2% category, but also has 3% unlimited on dining, but it is not included in the 0% for 12mos category. 
448B179A-6228-4FA0-B429-EB370CD5C585.png

EB738258-D540-4EBA-B73E-2D5F05AD3CA9.png

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: Synovus offering 0% for 12 mos on purchases and BTs with no BT fee.

DW took the bait this evening and was approved for $13K SL. You do have to open a checking account to apply online. 

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 2 of 4
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

Normally Synovus only offers the 0% for 12 months for purchases and BTs offers on their Classic card, but they are offering it on their Rewards card, their Business card, and the Travel Rewards card until the end of the year. They also do not charge a BT fee. 

For those that don't know, their Rewards card is very similar to the now discontinued BBVA ClearPoints card. It has the selectable 3% and 2% category that has the same awesomely broad categories as the ClearPoints card did. The Travel Rewards card is like also like the ClearPoints card with a selectable 3% and 2% category, but also with a 5% up to $5K per year travel category.  
They also have a Cash Rewards card that has a selectable 3% and 2% category, but also has 3% unlimited on dining, but it is not included in the 0% for 12mos category. 
448B179A-6228-4FA0-B429-EB370CD5C585.png

EB738258-D540-4EBA-B73E-2D5F05AD3CA9.png

Thanks JNA. You mentioned before that this is a similar replacement for the BBVA Clear Points.  I am torn on breaking out the shovel for this Or the Custom Cash from Citi....

Message 3 of 4
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

Thanks JNA. You mentioned before that this is a similar replacement for the BBVA Clear Points.  I am torn on breaking out the shovel for this Or the Custom Cash from Citi....

I guess it comes down what benefits you the most. Until I got my AOD card, I ran all my utilities, cell phone, internet/cable, and car insurance through my BBVA card. That monthly spend was around $1000 per month, which is the max on the Synovus card per month (the 3% category is capped at $3K per quarter). This comes out to be $360 per year.  The Citi CC card   would yield a max of $300 per year. 

We are eventually going to get the Citi CC as well, but it's kind of a narrow, hole filling card with $500 per month cap. 

CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.