Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🚨 TARGET RED CARD EXPERTS NEEDED🚨

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

🚨 TARGET RED CARD EXPERTS NEEDED🚨

So contrary to my previous post , since I was only hit with one inquiry on transunion ,I feel that I have a little wiggle room to possibly get another great card ! Even tho I have three cards if I were to get another account I feel that my file would not be as thin and thus I won’t look too risky to lenders. Just a few questions if any experts can help 🤗
- what credit score is mostly needed or accepted for the red card? What bureaus are possibly used?
- I have seen so many negative reviews but many individuals have this card, does anyone know why it has a bad rep
- if you were in my shoes, would you wait to apply for another card or apply ?
11 REPLIES 11
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: 🚨 TARGET RED CARD EXPERTS NEEDED🚨

@Anonymous wrote:
So contrary to my previous post , since I was only hit with one inquiry on transunion ,I feel that I have a little wiggle room to possibly get another great card ! Even tho I have three cards if I were to get another account I feel that my file would not be as thin and thus I won’t look too risky to lenders. Just a few questions if any experts can help 🤗
- what credit score is mostly needed or accepted for the red card? What bureaus are possibly used?
- I have seen so many negative reviews but many individuals have this card, does anyone know why it has a bad rep
- if you were in my shoes, would you wait to apply for another card or apply ?

I haven't seen your other posts, but if you've gotten three cards in the last six months or less, I would wait to apply for any card. FYI, if you just want the 5% discount, just get the debit version. 

- I think they pulled TU or EX for me, can't remember. 680s? I think. 

- It's useless outside of Target unless you have the MasterCard version. Plus the debit card does the same thing. 

- I would wait at least six months, for a possible better starting line

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 12
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Pulled eq for me

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

W/O  your full stats it's hard to make a recommendation on what to go for next.

As to the red card.... the biggest issue is the low CL they typically assign and lack of growth.

If you paint a full picture of what cards you have and your FICO's it's easier to assess your next steps.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I said I have three cards in total and I have only applied for a recent card a couple of days ago, but great thanks for advice 💗💗
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have stated my full stats in previous post. It is titled NAVY FEDERAL AMERICAN EXPRESS APPROVED !!! but I was not aware of the low credit line , good info
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok cool, do you mind saying which state you are in ? I know it differs where you live .
Message 7 of 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I think I was approved with a 612. Took 4 years to get my first CLI.

Message 8 of 12
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
- if you were in my shoes, would you wait to apply for another card or apply ? I got my target about 15 months ago, and my scores were in low 700s, i started at 800, then around 9 months went to 2000 now 15 months later got increase to 9000 (and a MC), spend wasnt alot maybe 50-75 month, pay in full on due date, they pulled equifax, good luck to you whatever you decide to do

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great!! ,, Very helpful 👌🏾☺️ Thankyou ,all the best of Luck to you as well !
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.