Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TARGET RED CARD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TARGET RED CARD

Anyone know what criteria is for the Target Red Card?

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Re: TARGET RED CARD

Not sure, but they gave me $1,000 and I have about 650s credit scores, a 2016 Bankruptcy, and TONS of inquiries.

That approval was about 10 days ago. 

Message 2 of 32
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

Got my target when my scores were in the low 700s,  got 800, but now 1 year and 3 months later, auto cli to 9000 and MC too

Message 3 of 32
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

How many increases did it take to get that high?

Also were you a frequent shopper?

Message 4 of 32
DCreationrebel
New Contributor

I got approved for one today for $1,300. They pulled my TU I'm 730 plus FICO
Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

tu 727 ,lot of inqs no negatives but short credit history   got 300 limit

Message 6 of 32
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

How many increases did it take to get that high?first auto increase to 800 to 2000, then next auto increase to 9000 and MC upgrade, i spend from 25- 50 every month, i buy tracfone cards for my family so get 5% on them, i always let it post and pif always, update income monthly

Also were you a frequent shopper? yes online not in store

Message 7 of 32
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

Not sure, but they gave me $1,000 and I have about 650s credit scores, a 2016 Bankruptcy, and TONS of inquiries.

That approval was about 10 days ago. 

They just gave me only $500 lol and i have scores over 750 but tons of inquiries. 

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 8 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Before applying for the card, just think about your goals.   If you want a credit card with some CL, it may not be a great choice as SL are often somewhat low compared to some other choices.    If you just want the 5% off at Target, the debit card is a good choice which doesn't impact your credit report (but with fewer protections on big ticket items)

Message 9 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t recall my credit score when I applied in 2016, but it was my second credit card. Got approved for $500 and never saw an auto-CLI; however, when I SD it last year, I got an auto-CLI to $4500 and an upgrade to MC.
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.