Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TD Bank Sign-Up Bonus

tag
SpendWisely
Valued Member

Re: TD Bank Sign-Up Bonus

I can also confirm the $200 back for $500 spend in the first 3 months...amazing deal. And the Cash Back comes a day or two after the first statement (if you spend the $500 in the first three months). I applied the credit to the first bill and bam, credited two days later. Plus, all other cash back points post to the account right after the charge clears pending, so no waiting for a month or more.

Message 21 of 40
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

TD pulls Experian doesn't it?  I'm out of their service zone I think.

Message 22 of 40
taxi818
Super Contributor

Yes they pull experian. Be warned. I got this card last December. I apped on 12-4-13.
They did hp 12-4
12-5 -12-6 and 12-7. I said wth. I did get approved. But that sucks 4 hard pulls in 4 days. I'm wIting for 1 year mar as I will have. 7 hRd pulls hit 1 year first week of December. Hope to see bump.
Message 23 of 40
yfan
Valued Contributor

Honestly, other than the sign up bonus, the rewards structure is pretty anemic. Not only is the averager earn 1x, redemption is less than that if not redeemed as a statement credit. I had a look in their points shopping mall's gift cards section, and all gift cards below $50 convert on a less than 1:1 ratio. $10 gift cards are 1500 points, $25 gift cards are 3500.

Message 24 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SpendWisely wrote:

I can also confirm the $200 back for $500 spend in the first 3 months...amazing deal. And the Cash Back comes a day or two after the first statement (if you spend the $500 in the first three months). I applied the credit to the first bill and bam, credited two days later. Plus, all other cash back points post to the account right after the charge clears pending, so no waiting for a month or more.

my car needs work that's going to cost me $2,000. I wasn't sure the 5% cash back includes car dealerships -  . ''5% cash back For The First Six Months On Select Categories dining, groceries, gas and cable, phone and utility bill payments.'' If only it wasn't ''selected'' catergories such as groceries, ultility, phone, gas, dinning.... i could have saved $300. $2,000 - 5% = $100 + $200 bonus. So that's was the only reason i was thinking how this 6 months 5% cash back deal would be great still not to mention 0% APR on my car.

Message 25 of 40
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:
Yes they pull experian. Be warned. I got this card last December. I apped on 12-4-13.
They did hp 12-4
12-5 -12-6 and 12-7. I said wth. I did get approved. But that sucks 4 hard pulls in 4 days. I'm wIting for 1 year mar as I will have. 7 hRd pulls hit 1 year first week of December. Hope to see bump.

OMG did their submit button get stuck??  That seriously sucks.

Message 26 of 40
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know if I'm willing to give an EX hard pull for $200.  Yes I screwed up and Kohl's got that already a few days ago, but I heard TD is inq sensitive as well.

Message 27 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just checked and now TD Bank only gives you $100 if you spend $500 in 90 days, it was $200 but NOT anymore, i tried applying Online but the system did NOT let me, They need to improve that....

Message 28 of 40
taxi818
Super Contributor

There was no submit botton. I took paper application into local branch. I guess everytime someone looked At Application. They ran my credit Again. 4 days. 4 hArd pulls. So it could not have been mistake. I called cra. But they said lender ran it like thAt. Wth.
Message 29 of 40
tornadoguy
Regular Contributor

I received the targetted $200 for $500 in 90 days offer today - so its still out there if you are targetted.

CK TU FAKO - 762, TU FICO - 781, EX Fako 734, EX FICO 764 - 3/29/2014
INQ: TU 4, EX 8, EQ 1 |
AMEX PRG (01/11), AMEX BCE (01/11): $2.5k, AMEX EDP (3/11): $6k Chase Freedom(07/13): $2k,
Barclay Arrival+ WMC (3/14): $6.3k, Barclays US Air MC (9/14): $2.5k, CSP (9/14): 12k
Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.