Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TJX MC Upgrade Offer.

tag
IWOL
Established Contributor

Re: TJX MC Upgrade Offer.

I wonder if you dont activate the new card if they still reportthe new tradline to the CRA's. I have an offer for an AE upgrade and I would like to see what the new CL would be if I accept but I dont want the new account unless it goes up to like 5k.

Anyone have an expreince whhere they accepte dthe upgrade offer but never activated the card? If so, did the new tradline still report?

Message 11 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

It's not a new TL, is it? I would imagine they would just change up the current one.

Certain cards backed by GE are known for 2TLs, like Bloomingdales.  If you have the store card w/ them but end up upgrading your card to AMEX version, then you'll have 2 separate TLs.  However, I think for this card might just be 1TL, as I've just read this:

Your existing current TJX Rewards® Credit Card account will be CLOSED when you activate your new TJX Rewards® Platinum MasterCard®. If you do not call to activate your new TJX Rewards® Platinum MasterCard®, after 90 days your TJX Rewards® Platinum MasterCard® account will be CLOSED. Your existing TJX Rewards® Credit Card account will remain open.

mod cut to remove personal email address ~ Lexie

GE does not back the Macy's card or the Bloomingdales card or Saks which all give 2 tradelines if you have the Amex or MC version of the store card.

I don't believe GE has any cards that carry 2 lines if you have the store and Visa/MC/Discover/amex version also.

I have only seen in 1 instance where someone accepted upgrade and did not get a CLI but after completing upgrade were able to get a CLI through credit solutions!

Message 12 of 23
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

I dont think its worth it unless you will use the card. They will close your store card and you will get a new tradline which will hurt your AAoA. You will probbaly get an increase to $2500 or 3K but unless your going to use the card at those stores alot dont think teh small increase in CL is worth a new account.

If you have a strong AAoA and it wont affect it much and your not planning to app for other cards in near future, then go for it.

I agree with the above mentioned. Plus, everyone in the GC will hunt you down for restarting from scratch. I personally would not do it for that small of a CLI since it will hurt your AAoA. That is just me though. Plus, it's not like you are going to use the card much.

Message 13 of 23
IWOL
Established Contributor

You will not get the original open date on the card. The open date will be the date you accepted teh offer. That I know forsure from reading other posters upgrade posts.

Message 14 of 23
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

It's not a new TL, is it? I would imagine they would just change up the current one.

Certain cards backed by GE are known for 2TLs, like Bloomingdales.  If you have the store card w/ them but end up upgrading your card to AMEX version, then you'll have 2 separate TLs.  However, I think for this card might just be 1TL, as I've just read this:

Your existing current TJX Rewards® Credit Card account will be CLOSED when you activate your new TJX Rewards® Platinum MasterCard®. If you do not call to activate your new TJX Rewards® Platinum MasterCard®, after 90 days your TJX Rewards® Platinum MasterCard® account will be CLOSED. Your existing TJX Rewards® Credit Card account will remain open.

mod cut to remove personal email address ~ Lexie

GE does not back the Macy's card or the Bloomingdales card or Saks which all give 2 tradelines if you have the Amex or MC version of the store card.

I don't believe GE has any cards that carry 2 lines if you have the store and Visa/MC/Discover/amex version also.

I have only seen in 1 instance where someone accepted upgrade and did not get a CLI but after completing upgrade were able to get a CLI through credit solutions!

You're right, they're DSNB. Sorry for the confusion. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 15 of 23
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@IWOL wrote:

I dont think its worth it unless you will use the card. They will close your store card and you will get a new tradline which will hurt your AAoA. You will probbaly get an increase to $2500 or 3K but unless your going to use the card at those stores alot dont think teh small increase in CL is worth a new account.

If you have a strong AAoA and it wont affect it much and your not planning to app for other cards in near future, then go for it.

I agree with the above mentioned. Plus, everyone in the GC will hunt you down for restarting from scratch. I personally would not do it for that small of a CLI since it will hurt your AAoA. That is just me though. Plus, it's not like you are going to use the card much.

Yup, I don't use it much....I'm DECLINING IT! 

Thanks for the inputs!!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 16 of 23
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

You will not get the original open date on the card. The open date will be the date you accepted teh offer. That I know forsure from reading other posters upgrade posts.

Correct. That's what happened when I accepted an offer to upgrade my Old Navy card. Smiley Sad

Message 17 of 23
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@IWOL wrote:

Yup, I don't use it much....I'm DECLINING IT! 

Thanks for the inputs!!

Good idea! lol

Now MJ won't hunt you down with his multiple animal snipers

Message 18 of 23
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Your question about whether to upgrade also has me wonder how the account is recorded on the credit report... 

Since the rewards are not better than the many other Visas and MCs I have, I see no point in having the "DualCard" as GECRB likes to call them. For a short while it was cool that the Walmart Discover offered the FICO score, but now that Discover offers it as well, the Walmart Discover (DC) has little benefit to me over the store card, other than perhaps additional cash back at the register.

If the store-only card is flagged differently, versus a general purpose credit card (which the DC is), I'd think that for the "mix of types of credit" that having the store-only card might be advantageous.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 19 of 23
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

Your question about whether to upgrade also has me wonder how the account is recorded on the credit report... 

Since the rewards are not better than the many other Visas and MCs I have, I see no point in having the "DualCard" as GECRB likes to call them. For a short while it was cool that the Walmart Discover offered the FICO score, but now that Discover offers it as well, the Walmart Discover (DC) has little benefit to me over the store card, other than perhaps additional cash back at the register.

If the store-only card is flagged differently, versus a general purpose credit card (which the DC is), I'd think that for the "mix of types of credit" that having the store-only card might be advantageous.

Absolutely, like stated before i really don't see myself needing the card as I have other great Visa/MC cards to earn better rewards from.  Although i do shop at their stores on a monthly basis, i will keep the store card and decline the MC offer. 

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.