Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TJmaxx Store and MC debacle.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TJmaxx Store and MC debacle.

I was just given an upgrade to the TJ Maxx MC from the store via a login popup. The Limit offered was $3500. My Store card is already st $4000. I figured that once I recieved the MC and activated it, that I would get the $3500 MC limit with the store version closing. However, its been almost a week and both show as live upon my account login with the respective CL's.  Is it a matter of time till the store deactivates, or will it stay?  Is this common practice? Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: TJmaxx Store and MC debacle.

Synch is known to do odd things.  Getting an upgrade is usually like pulling teeth or at least it was in the past.  I wouldn't worry about it too much as when you activate your new card you'll have double the limits until they close the store card.  If they don't do it immediately it could stay open with non-use for about 2 years.  Knowing that it's Synch and how they operate you won't be at that limit for long if you get your TU up a little bit and call the overseas CS # to ask for $25K and let them counter.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync also upgraded my WM card the same week with a popup. I wanted to ask for more, but just recenlty got increses across my 5 synce accounts. i read about the blue envelope requests for too much exposure and got spooked. I'm only at 25.5k with Sync, but I dont want them shut down.

Message 3 of 4
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sync also upgraded my WM card the same week with a popup. I wanted to ask for more, but just recenlty got increses across my 5 synce accounts. i read about the blue envelope requests for too much exposure and got spooked. I'm only at 25.5k with Sync, but I dont want them shut down.

I can see you're still tuning up your profile from your limits.  Taking the less aggressive route for now might be beneficial until your fledglings start growing more.  Just keep making your payments and keeping balances low and you'll start to learn how to fly.  Don't apply for anything else for 12-24 months while things grow and then you'll be able to get whatever you want when you want it w/o having to guess whether it will be approved or not.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.