Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU or Exp credit pulls for cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU or Exp credit pulls for cards

Are there any card companies that pull from exclusively either TU or Experian.  I have a baddie from LVNV funding that I can not seem to get removed from Equifax.

Also, If I accept a pre-approved card, will that initially lower my score due to the new account or help it due to lower utilization?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU or Exp credit pulls for cards

mickie08 wrote:
Are there any card companies that pull from exclusively either TU or Experian.  I have a baddie from LVNV funding that I can not seem to get removed from Equifax.

Discover (EX or TU)
Amex (EX)
WaMu (EX or TU)
BofA (EX, maybe also TU)
Juniper (TU)
Macy's (EX)
Hooters (TU)

mickie08 wrote:

Also, If I accept a pre-approved card, will that initially lower my score due to the new account or help it due to lower utilization?

Both.  The net effect on your score will depend on which of those two factors have the greatest impact.  That's impossible to predict without knowing details of your reports like current utilization, number of CC accounts, and average age of all accounts on your reports.

BTW, you said "if I accept a pre-approved card."  Keep in mind that it's still possible to be denied, even if you have a preapproval.  Nothing is guaranteed.

Message 2 of 3
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: TU or Exp credit pulls for cards

As cheddar pointed out, when it comes to non-EQ pulling cards, you've pretty much hit the jackpot. Take your pick.

Stay away from CUs though, most seem to be EQ happy.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.