cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU790 EQ775 EX767 w/ AU's from granddad...WWYD?

tag
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: TU790 EQ775 EX767 w/ AU's from granddad...WWYD?

Well, I'm very curious about the outcome with only AU history. Please keep us posted OP!

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 41 of 46
here2learn

@watch44 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@wHiTeSoL

Because of the need for high CL's on both personal and business at once?

I'll be the debbie downer then. It's one thing helping someone new get a foot in, or helping someone rebuild, but this doesn't seem right. OP has basically said he doesn't really know anything about credit other than what he's read online, maybe has never used credit cards in his life, and has suddenly decided he's going to piggyback on his granddad's score to get huge credit lines fast. Nobody else sees anything wrong with this?

And tangentially, how does someone with an 80k income have no credit history of their own? Easy, I have a father who told me that credit cards were invented to keep people, enslaved in a cycle of debt.  I grew up with my fathes side of the famiy so I got drilled into his mindset growing up.  Now that I'm older and I can physically take myself to see my maternal side of family and gotten to know them better, I have been exposed to a totally diff way of thinking.  

OP, did you pop into existence recently? No, bout 30 yrs ago. 

With an 80K income?  Moreover, how does someone run a business for 9 years but have no credit relationship with a bank already?

Easy, Move to Atlanta and i'll show you how, things are a bit different here. 

Is this a cash business? 

All of my accounts are nightclubs and music studios.  All my guys gets paid at the end of the night and thats the way this biz works.  and if I for some reason cant pay one night? Well, lets just say I wont be as active on the forums.Smiley Sad

:Your security guys don't have uniforms?

No, most of them don't even have checking accounts, they are ex football players or ex cons (sometimes both) with good hearts who happen to be very large and don''t mind having to get physical at work.  ATL is full of rappers, producers, strippers,djs, etc. Cash oriented people who don't have the slightest idea about credit.  Kinda like me. The work uniform is a black suit, sadly not something a lot of 6'6 315 pound black men  have.  If I had several suits on hand then it would be much easier for new hires to start work immediately.  I sometimes have to wait several days for guys to find a suit that fits, then even more time to get it altered to fit their physique, even worse, they usually need a cash advance from me to buy a suit.     

Message 42 of 46
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If you cannot be respectful and follow the guidelines of the TOS -this thread will be locked.

Thank you
09Lexie
Message 43 of 46
myjourney
Super Contributor

Hi all lets remain friendly in our views and not let the conversation stray from from the topic and help.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 44 of 46
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@watch44 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@wHiTeSoL

Because of the need for high CL's on both personal and business at once?

I'll be the debbie downer then. It's one thing helping someone new get a foot in, or helping someone rebuild, but this doesn't seem right. OP has basically said he doesn't really know anything about credit other than what he's read online, maybe has never used credit cards in his life, and has suddenly decided he's going to piggyback on his granddad's score to get huge credit lines fast. Nobody else sees anything wrong with this?

And tangentially, how does someone with an 80k income have no credit history of their own? OP, did you pop into existence recently? With an 80K income? Moreover, how does someone run a business for 9 years but have no credit relationship with a bank already? Is this a cash business? Your security guys don't have uniforms? I don't get it.

For the record, I made more than double and once more than triple that that figure, and didn't have credit.  There's a non-trivial number of people that have cash based existences even for ones who have made near a billion dollars in their lifetime.

        
Message 45 of 46
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

This is the MyFICO TOS:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/myFICO-Forums-Terms-of-Service/m-p/4#U4

Going to admit both as an individual and as a moderator I'm more than a little upset at this thread; public warning after a few incidents of such recently - play by the rules, or you will be gone.

I have heavily modified this thread, and there's plenty of blame to go around; this will not be tolerated, and as reasonable advice has  already been given here fufilling the initial request, I'm locking this thread permanently.

--Revelate 

        
Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.