Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TY points for Macy's giftcards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TY points for Macy's giftcards?

I have a ty preferred & the prestige card but I don't really travel on American Airlines & ty is having a sale for macys gift cards 4.5k pts for 50$ gift card  (10% off) would that be more worth redeeming vs airlines (percentage wise) ? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TY points for Macy's giftcards?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a ty preferred & the prestige card but I don't really travel on American Airlines & ty is having a sale for macys gift cards 4.5k pts for 50$ gift card  (10% off) would that be more worth redeeming vs airlines (percentage wise) ? 

Thanks

Redeeming the points for giftcards isn't the best route here.  Do you not travel at all?

Message 2 of 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

You can get 1.33 cpp on an airline other than AA.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only travel about once a year Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I only travel about once a year Smiley Surprised

You can get Macys giftcards at around 6-8% discount anyway (see giftcardgranny) + whatever reward your credit card gives you on the purchase, so 10% isn't all that compelling a use of TYP.    But, if nothing else appeals, and you have to use them now for some reason, OK.   But can't you save them for your next trip.  And also consider if the Prestige is the right card for you!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well for me the 4th night free on hotels already pay more than enough to cover the annual fee plus more, then add on the 250$ airline credit even if i use it for one trip a year, it's worth it for me 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.