cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take a gamble on NFCU 0% BT coming soon?

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Take a gamble on NFCU 0% BT coming soon?

I'm trying to decide how to parcel out my moolah to my CCs for best results right now.  I have maxed out 3/5 non-NFCU cards, planning to pay NFCU off (major new home purchases), then BT the other 3 cards with a (hopefully) 0% BT. Sound like a decent strategy? 

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Re: Take a gamble on NFCU 0% BT coming soon?

It is really hard to say.. You can roll the dice.. or you can go for the sure thing. Financially I would always go for the sure thing. In this case it would be to pay down the highest apr cards first. I am hoping for the the BT to be back also . I just transferred off of them to Psecu worst case scenario i have 2.99% for a year. Best case like last year i transferred it off and then was able to transfer it right back (both with no fees) . But in the last year i have paid off about 14k worth of debt and leaving 12k left. Which hopefully will be gone by the end of 2013 if we keep at it like we currently are.
Message 2 of 15
LesWH
Established Contributor

The NFCU 0% BT is back already, but only for select members.  Some have received the invitation already.  I'm not one of them.  I have 0% APR on purchases, but no 0% BT!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 3 of 15
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Isn't that for new accounts?  The "select members" offer? 

I had the idea they'd be rolling out a 0% BT offer for all cardholders at some point, but no date has been set or announced yet.

Established Contributor

Can anyone else please weigh in here?  Has there really been an offer sent out to existing "select members" but not others?

Has anyone else gotten this offer with a card that is not brand-new?    Any other members who have NOT gotten this offer?  I assumed most or all of us have not heard of any 0% BT offer (excluding offers that come with new cards, possibly) since last February.  I'm also pretty sure that they plan to roll out this offer again but simply haven't announced the date.  I hoped and assumed that it would be for all cardholders in good standing.

Anyone else?

Established Contributor

I have not see any offers. Also the nfcu facebook page always responds that they do not currently have a BT offer but keep checking the webpage for current offers.

Message 6 of 15
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Did anyone else get the "select members" offer, and if so, was it for a new card or an existing one?

Established Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

Did anyone else get the "select members" offer, and if so, was it for a new card or an existing one?

I posted a thread a little while ago asking about the 0% BT offer, because a csr did in fact tell me that select members received invitations in the mail for it and another forum member said that he did in fact get it 2 months ago.  I keep calling NFCU asking if it has been offered to me in hopes that they will offer it to keep me from calling!  LOL!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 8 of 15
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Thanks for the information, Les.  I found the thread.  That's good news that they told someone that it would be by the end of the year.

Valued Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

Thanks for the information, Les.  I found the thread.  That's good news that they told someone that it would be by the end of the year.

I was told the same thing numerous times by the reps.  I just got approved for the cash rewards card and asked about an intro and they told me they would have something soon

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.