Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the GM Rewards WEMC approval?

tag
reluctantgarden
Frequent Contributor

Take the GM Rewards WEMC approval?

Hard to resist a SP that gives you a CL ($3,500, my second lowest) and rate, so I didn't, but haven't accepted yet because of the HP (would be 11/24 on new CCs). Not so much interested in the points toward GM stuff, but you do get $100 statement credit annually on $1,500 gas, which perfectly matches my spend and is a 6.6% return, more than doubling my 3% gas cards. And even using the GM points SUB for gift cards gives a 4% return, for a blended year-one return of 9.9% on $1,500 spend. Any experience or thoughts on this? TIA!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
GatoradeZeroGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Supposed to be gardening, but…take the GM Rewards WEMC?

@reluctantgarden wrote:

Hard to resist a SP that gives you a CL ($3,500, my second lowest) and rate, so I didn't, but haven't accepted yet because of the HP (would be 11/24 on new CCs). Not so much interested in the points toward GM stuff, but you do get $100 statement credit annually on $1,500 gas, which perfectly matches my spend and is a 6.6% return, more than doubling my 3% gas cards. And even using the GM points SUB for gift cards gives a 4% return, for a blended year-one return of 9.9% on $1,500 spend. Any experience or thoughts on this? TIA!

you should be aware of talks for GS to move the GM/Apple cards off to Amex or elsewhere (no official plans or anything, just rumors) other than that, other than redstone fcu 5% gas card, can't see how you can go wrong with this

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

1/6, 5/12, 12/24

Message 2 of 8
reluctantgarden
Frequent Contributor

As a massive Amex and Apple Card holder, I'm rooting for that lol. Thanks for your input---pretty much what I'm thinking.

Message 3 of 8
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

@reluctantgarden wrote:

As a massive Amex and Apple Card holder, I'm rooting for that lol. Thanks for your input---pretty much what I'm thinking.

Agreed.

I want a Jeep card so bad but 1) It's not one of FNBOs better products IMHO and 2) as of right now they won't let you use the $1,000 off for $7,500 first year spend credit towards the purchase of a Wrangler. Since that is what I have on order it's absolutely worthless to me. Unless you just want 5% on dealer/service purchases which...I'll pass since I intend to never use them anyway unless it's warranty or recall work.

3/4/23

Message 4 of 8
reluctantgarden
Frequent Contributor

Yup. I have a Cherokee, but that card is less useful than GM overall.

Message 5 of 8
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

@reluctantgarden wrote:

Yup. I have a Cherokee, but that card is less useful than GM overall.

Agreed.

If the MOPAR/Jeep card was as good as the GM card I'd have it alreay without a doubt. The GM card is rather compelling on it's own but right now I am on a strict no HP gardening plan until my Wrangler gets here and I secure the financing for it. I know the APR is going to suck, just trying not to give NFCU more reasons to make it suck more than it has to.

3/4/23

Message 6 of 8
reluctantgarden
Frequent Contributor

Yep. Fingers crossed for a successful car loan interest rate!

Message 7 of 8
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Take the GM Rewards WEMC approval?

If you go for it, do note that the gift cards are for certain merchants as per the website GM Card  (See section 7D)

I don't know how extensive this list is.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.