Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talbots CC

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

Talbots CC

Hi there,

I absolutely love this store and thought about getting their card in the near future.  I did a search on them but I didn't find any info except that quite a few of you LUV them.

Does anyone have this card?  I see that they underwrite this card through their own bank, Talbots Classics National Bank.  Do they have any quirks, i.e., new accounts, inquiries, etc.?

Any info is appreciated.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Re: Talbots CC

did you call them for a recon? Call the number on your denial letter, they are very friendly. When I called for a recon she went over my ex report with me on the phone. They don't like lots of inqs or balances on cc's. They also do manual reviews and use their own scoring system.
Message 7 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

well i just applied for it, i got a 30 day message like 2 seconds after i hit submit..so i am not sure if they have instant credit or not, of if i was just declined..
Message 2 of 11
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

I love talbots too! I apped back in april but was declined..I called for a recon and she told me to call back in 6-8 months cause I had too many inqs on ex...
Message 3 of 11
adamseve
Established Contributor

@scramblingin2007 wrote:
I love talbots too! I apped back in april but was declined..I called for a recon and she told me to call back in 6-8 months cause I had too many inqs on ex...

What number did you call to recon?

Message 4 of 11
adamseve
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
well i just applied for it, i got a 30 day message like 2 seconds after i hit submit..so i am not sure if they have instant credit or not, of if i was just declined..
Were you approved?  If so, what type of credit limit and what was your score?  Did you have any baddies?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

no, i was denied
Message 6 of 11
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

did you call them for a recon? Call the number on your denial letter, they are very friendly. When I called for a recon she went over my ex report with me on the phone. They don't like lots of inqs or balances on cc's. They also do manual reviews and use their own scoring system.
Message 7 of 11
adamseve
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
no, i was denied

What reasons did they give you for the denial gourmetguru?
Message 8 of 11
adamseve
Established Contributor

@scramblingin2007 wrote:

I didn't get denied.  My EX is on ice so they weren't able to pull it.  I'm considering whether I should just leave well enough alone.  I refuse to take EX off ice until they correct the report and they refuse to do so without help from the court system.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i went back and looked at the letter again, it doesnt give a reason, just says they cant open it...

they pulled experian

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.