Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tanners (Very) Annoyed - More Amex Fraud

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tanners (Very) Annoyed - More Amex Fraud

Got an email from Amex this morning. Apparently apps and other stuff in Europe is being charged on Centurion. I keep this card locked down tighter than Alcatraz. Are they guessing numbers or something? I ask because its left the house maybe twice since ive had it.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Tanners (Very) Annoyed - More Amex Fraud

Stop the nightly trips to Europe

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Got an email from Amex this morning. Apparently apps and other stuff in Europe is being charged on Centurion. I keep this card locked down tighter than Alcatraz. Are they guessing numbers or something? I ask because its left the house maybe twice since ive had it.

Sorry to hear Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently im not the only one. I got through to a rep. It seems plat & cent numbers are being compromised. Got Sat delivery for the replacement but I really needed it today... CSP to the rescue.

Message 4 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Wow, that is not good, but AMEX is really good about sending replacement cards.  

This is probably the only time where having a $200 Hard Limit Zync is a good thing...Cat Tongue  No worries about fraud here.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.