Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tar-jay RedCard question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tar-jay RedCard question?

See, now, I'm TERRIFIED to actually APPLY at the store! I think I'd die of embarrassment if I were denied!!

Our local Target is at the ground zero of a BIG tourist-y spot. One of those that has all the frou-frou stores where something for $200 is considered "cheap" and "tacky!"

I can just imagine gettin' denied and having my hubby's bosses' boss standing there behind me, listening to the "I'm so sorry, you've been denied for being a low-life deadbeat" spiel!!

We've got school shopping coming up here next week (our public schools do nothing but uniforms now), so I'll end up spending a bundle there, I'm sure. I'll use the AU Cap One I'm getting in the mail AND my debit card, and cross my fingers (and toes, and legs, and eyes ...). :/

You know, I'll bet my socks that hubby would get one if we apped online, but I've used so many inquiries on him for our other CCs that I'm too chicken to (and feel too guilty to, too!). I may have to just try again after our CCs have reported for a bit.

But still, please, please, please wish me/us luck!! Smiley Happy

And as always, thank you guys SOOO much for the responses!! Ya'll are just the BEST people!! Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 13
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Wonderin wrote:
See, now, I'm TERRIFIED to actually APPLY at the store! I think I'd die of embarrassment if I were denied!!

I will if you will.  Smiley Wink  Just kidding. I'm sitting out for a few months before I try anything.
Message 12 of 13
Laurenlou
Regular Contributor

I work at Tar-jay, and it never fails: when someone pays with their Amex, they usally get a pre-approval. There is some formula behind pre-approvals, but I'm not sure exactly what. I work in a low-end area, and we don't see very many of them in my store. But when I was at another location in a ritzy part of town, we got them left and right. So I know it has something to do with CL on CC's or credit history...
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.