Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target - Anyone had them cut you off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target - Anyone had them cut you off?

Okay I have a Target Visa with a poor limit and even worse APR.  I only use this card and PIF monthly.  I have other cards that I would rather use and will be putting Target into a drawer of my choosing.  Anyne had Target cut you off for inactivity?  If so, how long had it been since you used the card?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target - Anyone had them cut you off?

Wow Brammy. How long as it been since you used it? I think that this is becomming more of a common practice these days. Have you called them? What did they say?
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

netpanther wrote:
Wow Brammy. How long as it been since you used it? I think that this is becomming more of a common practice these days. Have you called them? What did they say?

Oh they haven't cut me off.  I usually use it at least once  month on BS but dn't want to have that many cards to track.  Just wondering how long they would let i lie dormant before they would close it.  I have auto pay that pays the statement balance every month when there is a balance.

BTW hoping Wamu comes through with at least another 1k on my limit for Xmas then I will probably let them do what ever they want or close altogether.

Message Edited by Brammy on 11-25-2007 11:23 AM
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok cool. I don't have Target, and have yet to read about them closing anyone.  I understand about keeping track of cards- I regret getting Macy's and Nieman Marcus- however these stores esp. Macy's have been around forever and will be good to establish history with. However, Macy's if definintly dependent on your spending before you get a CLI so I guess I will be stuck at the 300 limit for years to come.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

netpanther wrote:
Ok cool. I don't have Target, and have yet to read about them closing anyone.  I understand about keeping track of cards- I regret getting Macy's and Nieman Marcus- however these stores esp. Macy's have been around forever and will be good to establish history with. However, Macy's if definintly dependent on your spending before you get a CLI so I guess I will be stuck at the 300 limit for years to come.

LOL!! I got Macys because my kid is a clothes horse.  Spent 500.00 out the gate with them and just sent payment to PIF.  How do they go about that?  How long before they increase your limit?  My limit on that card is only 1k but they charge a min fincance charge regardless of whether or not your carry a balance which is something I don't like.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:

netpanther wrote:

LOL!! I got Macys because my kid is a clothes horse.  Spent 500.00 out the gate with them and just sent payment to PIF.  How do they go about that?  How long before they increase your limit?  My limit on that card is only 1k but they charge a min fincance charge regardless of whether or not your carry a balance which is something I don't like.

If you go to the site it shows how each card w/ it according limits is at (I think) three different levels. There's red, then something, then gold I think.

I don't think mine has a min finance charge- they better not- or I am in deep trouble!
Let me go look!
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

netpanther wrote:

Brammy wrote:

netpanther wrote:

If you go to the site it shows how each card w/ it according limits is at (I think) three different levels. There's red, then something, then gold I think.

I don't think mine has a min finance charge- they better not- or I am in deep trouble!
Let me go look!

Check out your statement, I was shock when I saw the 1.00 finance charge on my first statement.  I'm like WTH?  You haven't really even financed anything.  Mine is a gold by the way....lol!!!  They always start at Red but depending on how much you spend a year they upgrade.  I got upgraded before I got the Red in the mail...lol!!

Message Edited by Brammy on 11-25-2007 11:31 AM
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok there is like four different levels plus the Visa version too.

How come yours has a minimum finance charge? It it the Macy's Visa? I don't have a minimum- whew! That scared me!
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

See, I don't think I will ever get upgraded, I don't spend enough- there is not one even close to me so I don't want to have to pay the apr or the shipping.

I have already used it once this year for the history.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

netpanther wrote:
Ok there is like four different levels plus the Visa version too.

How come yours has a minimum finance charge? It it the Macy's Visa? I don't have a minimum- whew! That scared me!

No its only a min fiance charge if you have a statement balance.  Mine is actually the store card.  They issued you a Visa instead with that limit.  Ithink I checked that I didn't want the Visa on my app.  Keeps me definitely PIF'ing.

Weird, when I pull up the app for my state online, it only allows you to app for the store card.  Mayb they are not liscensed to bank in my state.

Message Edited by Brammy on 11-25-2007 11:36 AM
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.