Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Approved!!!

tag
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Re: Target Approved!!!

Congrats Mate.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My mom has a target visa with a limit of 6200. I just recently found this out. I was quite impressed considering most everyone on this forum I have seen is no where near that. So she must of had the card a long time? I must find out

Message 12 of 19
chasmith
Valued Contributor

That 5% blanket discount is nice, but I haven't wanted to risk an INQ.  They do offer a "Red Card Debit Card" that ties to your checking account.  It's like a direct debit card except it gets you the 5%...

When my INQs have aged off and score inched up a bit more I may try their credit card.

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 19
Beledona
Regular Contributor

I recently got approved at Target for $3000.  I was very happy about this because once apon a time I had a target card but because of the big BK in 2003 the card was gone (included in the BK) I had tried to get a redcard a few times in the past few years and it was a no go.   I was shocked when I was approved instore!  I only have 2 more years to go on the BK and it will be dropped  from my credit record Yeah!  My target card before was I think $500.  I dig the 5% too :-)

Message 14 of 19
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your card!

"13%???? come again... mine is like 25%

is this new for target?"

That's what I was wondering.  Then I saw the creditworthiness tier.  Insulting!  They had us at the 25% (raised it from 19%) and cut our $1,000 line to $500 and would not budge.  We kicked them to the curb!

But I have no particular loyalty or hatred toward any card or company; if I liked shopping there and they offered me great terms, I'd he happy with them, too. Smiley Happy

Contributor

Congrats on the approval! I have never made a late payment since I aquired my card in 1998 but my interest rate is ~19%. I feel scorned now. That's ok though. I PIF every month and have a $5900 CL. The 5% instant discount is nice too and we buy a lot of groceries at Target.

Open Credit Cards:   Target Visa/5900CL    |    AMEX BCP/6000CL
Latest Credit Scores:   780 TU (2011-08-01)
Credit Score History:   708 EQ (2011-07-01)    |    682 TU (2011-06-30)    |    693 EQ (2010-05-21)
Message 16 of 19
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I have both the Target Red Card and the Target Visa (joint with my wife).

Both cards are around 22% interest. The Red Card has a CL of $2500, and the Visa has a $4k CL.

Do not really care about the APR since we PIF each week and the 5% off the top is nice. We shop with coupons too and really save by doing this!

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 17 of 19
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

I don't care about the APR, either, when I have a PIF card, but doesn't it sort of burn your beans when people like several of us mentioned here on this thread have perfect histories for years with Target, and they never lower the sky-high APR?  But then someone new applies and gets their lowest-tier APR?

I don't hold this against the OP, not at all.  This is just a classic case of how capricious credit card terms can be.  Another example would be:  Why do I have a card with a rate at 34% (Merrick) and it will never go down, and I never did a thing wrong with them (and it didn't start out that high) and I have another card with 7.9%?  Or why did NFCU just give me a $10,000 credit card, but then I hit the "luv button" on two GEMB cards and they said "NO CLI for you"?  LOL...

I'm glad for the OP.  Sometimes I feel like this is a game, to some extent (there is definitely lots of logic to it and ways to get ahead, but there are other elements that seem to bring to mind games of chance) and I'm happy that he is on the winning side today.  Smiley Happy

Not applicable

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

I don't care about the APR, either, when I have a PIF card, but doesn't it sort of burn your beans when people like several of us mentioned here on this thread have perfect histories for years with Target, and they never lower the sky-high APR?  But then someone new applies and gets their lowest-tier APR?

I guess the logic is similar to car insurances. You only get the best rates from them if it means that they get your new business. If not, they might throw you a crumb from the table once in a while, if at all.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.