Did you mean: 

Target CC ... what is your CL?

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Target CC ... what is your CL?

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

@B335is wrote:
Do I sense sarcasm? If not I misunderstood your thread title. Yeah the 5% and free shipping is a blessing, but give me a break they make Crap1 look generous.

My thread title was a genuine question. My reassurance that their store card really isn't worth having is readily present. Thanks as always to those who replied!

My bad, sorry.  

Supposedly they are more generous with in-store apps, but given the little chance of an increase over time, I wish I'd just done the debit card.

Message 31 of 42
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
Didn't their Debit Card give the 5% off? Idk if its still around.

yes believe so.

+1 - It does.....

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 32 of 42
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Currentl there is no Target Visa to apply for.

You don't get a Target Card for some go to credit card and limit to help you util.

You get Target Credit Card for the ongoing 5% off instantly at checkout!

Plus you get free shipping when you make online purchases.

I can't wait for Christmas.  I am going to send them a $500 payment and then spend it.  In that order!  They have great things for sale at good prices on Black Friday, so I will be prepared.  I want that 5% back on top of the great prices!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 33 of 42
RushXTC
Established Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

1. What was your initital CL?

2. How long have you had the card?

1.$300

2.Opened Nov. 2012

CL is at $700

Message 34 of 42
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Target Visa - CL $7,500.... auto-CLI beginning of this month, previously $6,000.

Message 35 of 42
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

1. Initial Limit was $200

2. Card approved June 2008

A month or two later my limit was automatically increased to $500.  It's been there since.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 36 of 42
codimom
Frequent Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

1. What was your initital CL?  <<<< initially 200.00 - after 1 month CLI  to 1k.  Has been there ever since.

2. How long have you had the card? <<<<< since 2007

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 37 of 42
scarzy
Regular Contributor

My credit limit is $200- , and it hasn't budged since. Got the card in Feb. 2013 I think..

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 38 of 42
k-s
Regular Contributor

These low limits make me glad that I didn't waste an HP on Target! I was very tempted. I shop there several times a week, but like most store cards, I was expecting a low limit and a high APR, so I passed on it. Was pleased to find out that you can get the 5% off with the RED Debit as well, so I get the discount and don't have to worry about another bill to pay down before the statement date in order to avoid showing a 90% util on a $500 limit.
EQ MyFICO: 719 - Discover It TU FICO: 749 - EX 728
Amex PRG: NPSL | Amex Blue Sky: 2k | Amex BCE: 10k | Amex TrueEarnings: 5k | Amex Delta Gold: 2k | Discover It: 4k | SFCU: 13k | Quicksilver: 4k | Venture: 10k | Freedom: 2k | CSP: 7.5k | Amazon Visa: 5k | Citi TYPremier: 6.3k | Best Buy: 4.5k | Macy's Amex: 6k | Nordstrom: 4k | Old Navy Visa: 4k | Target: $1.2k | Angel: 1k
Message 39 of 42
kroberts67
Established Contributor

$200 - opened a year ago this month, still at $200.

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.