cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Card on Credit Karma??

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Target Card on Credit Karma??

I take all info from Credit Karma regarding "approval odds" with a grain of salt, but I don't I have ever seen the Target card on there lol guess their expanding their lineup or their just allowing me to see it Smiley LOL I'm not a big fan of store cards but if I did cave, target would be a good one to have. I have no idea what kind of profile is needed for them but my spidey sense tells me a $300-$500 approval would be pretty standard, then years of hoping for a conversion, followed by an annoying thirst to CLI lol

 

 

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 9.38.47 PM.png

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Card on Credit Karma??

tbf it's not a bad card if you shop at target. Probably sub 600s will do.

Message 2 of 18
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Target Card on Credit Karma??

Target loves to hand out those lovely 300 limits😠

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Target Card on Credit Karma??

@credit_is_crack, I've seen the Target CC advertised on CK before. Doesn't pop up that often from what I recall.
Message 4 of 18
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: Target Card on Credit Karma??


@Jnbmom wrote:

Target loves to hand out those lovely 300 limits😠


@Jnbmom that sounds about right. Never saw a post saying "Approved or $10,000!!" on a target card. I'm not even sure how high they go but if you're a frequent shopper I can see how it can add up quickly

 

@FinStar I can honestly say this is the first time I've ever seen it on there, but then again I don't spend too much time stalking that site lol it's great for immediate alerts and updates, but that's about it. They do have a good layout though

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Card on Credit Karma??

Well you just said it right there, Credit Karma doesn't always have the best lead to follow. Like for example, it says you need at least 21 credit cards in order to have the perfect number of credit cards. I think that's nonsense, but if you really want that many credit cards and can handle it, then by all means go for it.

 

Just apply for the Target card if you want to. In general, retail cards are a lot easier to get than regular bank issued cards. Starting limits can be lower, maybe $500, $1000, something like that. Seeing what you've got on your profile, there's absolutely no reason to think you wouldn't have a chance at this.


US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature $5000 | Chase Freedom $1500 | JCPenney $1500 | Bank of America Cash Rewards $2500 | Discover It Cash Back $3500 | American Express Blue Cash Preferred $6000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited $1500

Message 6 of 18
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: Target Card on Credit Karma??


@Anonymous wrote:

Well you just said it right there, Credit Karma doesn't always have the best lead to follow. Like for example, it says you need at least 21 credit cards in order to have the perfect number of credit cards. I think that's nonsense, but if you really want that many credit cards and can handle it, then by all means go for it.

 

Just apply for the Target card if you want to. In general, retail cards are a lot easier to get than regular bank issued cards. Starting limits can be lower, maybe $500, $1000, something like that. Seeing what you've got on your profile, there's absolutely no reason to think you wouldn't have a chance at this.


US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature $5000 | Chase Freedom $1500 | JCPenney $1500 | Bank of America Cash Rewards $2500 | Discover It Cash Back $3500 | American Express Blue Cash Preferred $6000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited $1500


Oh yeah I have no intent on applying for it. What caught my attention was that it was even an option listed there. @FinStar said it's been there before but I've never seen it as an option. CK has been making some changes recently (adding more banks, removing some) and just thought I'd share (if it had been new info)...looks like it's old news Smiley LOL my bad

 

Me personally, I'm working on weeding out any cards under $10,000 as my current project. Target would definitely not fall into that space, but it is a good card to have in a lineup

Message 7 of 18
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Re: Target Card on Credit Karma??

I have a couple of store branded cards...but rarely will app for store cards...don't see the need...I made exception for Macy's...started at $500 and CLI'd for about years to $25K, then app'd in store for the Macy's Amex...SL $7k, now $25K...

 

I don't see, nor recall many fans saying, that Target is the retailer....

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Card on Credit Karma??


@credit_is_crack wrote:

I take all info from Credit Karma regarding "approval odds" with a grain of salt, but I don't I have ever seen the Target card on there lol guess their expanding their lineup or their just allowing me to see it Smiley LOL I'm not a big fan of store cards but if I did cave, target would be a good one to have. I have no idea what kind of profile is needed for them but my spidey sense tells me a $300-$500 approval would be pretty standard, then years of hoping for a conversion, followed by an annoying thirst to CLI lol

 

 

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 9.38.47 PM.png


I have the same thing on mine with an excellent approval rating that i hadnt seen before either.   I don't shop at target much and i'm sure it would be a low 500 SL to start. 

Message 9 of 18
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Target Card on Credit Karma??


@Anonymous wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

I take all info from Credit Karma regarding "approval odds" with a grain of salt, but I don't I have ever seen the Target card on there lol guess their expanding their lineup or their just allowing me to see it Smiley LOL I'm not a big fan of store cards but if I did cave, target would be a good one to have. I have no idea what kind of profile is needed for them but my spidey sense tells me a $300-$500 approval would be pretty standard, then years of hoping for a conversion, followed by an annoying thirst to CLI lol

 

 

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 9.38.47 PM.png


I have the same thing on mine with an excellent approval rating that i hadnt seen before either.   I don't shop at target much and i'm sure it would be a low 500 SL to start. 


I just noticed this the other day for the first time, too (I've used CK for about a year for alerts and whatnot).
I already have the debit version, which also gives 5% cashback, so I don't need it, but I wondered if they'd expanded.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.