cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Card repeatedly reporting one charge from 2002 in 2008 - please help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target Card repeatedly reporting one charge from 2002 in 2008 - please help!

I owed a $10 charge to Target from 2002. I just checked my credit score, and noticed they had reported this single debt "90 days overdue" 55 times -- i.e., every month since the charge occurred in 2002 up to the present month, December 2007. I NEVER recall receiving any statements or phone calls regarding this charge. Target claims they tried to call me and send me statements about it, and since the statements were never returned to them in the mail, they cannot remove the marks on my credit. They also claim that, by law, they have the right to repeatedly report my overdues to the credit agency even without making any effort to find me and contact me about the debt (because the $10 charge is not worth their time).

Does anyone know if they can keep reporting me every month without making any sort of effort to contact me / collect the debt? Does anyone know who I should contact and what I should do to try to get them to take these overages off my credit report? What type of letter should I send?

Also, does anyone know if they can report a single debt as "90 days overdue" over and over again?

Message Edited by csnappy2 on 01-27-2008 04:15 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Card repeatedly reporting one charge from 2002 in 2008 - please help!

is the account being listed as open or closed - and why haven't they added late fee etc???

Dispute with each CRA it is reporting to and the use the OC letter to request an investigation from target.if the CRAs verify.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Card repeatedly reporting one charge from 2002 in 2008 - please help!

Thanks so much for the reply. The account is listed as "OK" on the FICO report. Nonetheless, they have continued to put on a 90 day overdue mark every month. Do you think the status matters as to the score, or anything?

I'm not sure why they haven't added late charges, but thank goodness!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.