Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Credit Lines

tag
Sexyblue
Contributor

Re: Target Credit Lines

Had mind since 2014 and my credit limit sits at $2200 not a penny more. 

TU 660,EX 679, EQ 673,
DiscoverIT19,500 | Barney's NY,16000 | Jcrew, 8000 | Macy'sRed,12000 | Bloomingdales,9000 | Elan Visa, 5000|
P.C Richards ,4000 | Amazon, 3000 | Barclays, 3000 WalmartMC, 3000 | Target, 3400| Brooks Brothers 1,400
CAP1, 1250 | BOA,1000 | BestBuy, 1000 | American Airlines, 1300|
Message 11 of 20
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

When they first issued the Target Visa, I had a 10k limit. I didn't see much use for it outside of Target and during the economic meltdown the card limit was slashed down to a mere $500.

Only recently did the needle start to move - up to $1k, then $1.5k, and a couple of months ago to $2.5k.

If the card is only used at Target, a high credit limit isn't a large issue.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 12 of 20
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

I dont understand people complaining about not getting CLIs over 10k, how much are you going to buy at Target anyway. Anyone wanting higher CLs need to apply for Prime Cards. I doubt if Target TD gives >10k CLs even on the MC version. General Store cards whether or not V/MC are usually not meant to have CLs >10K 

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Got mine in November 2014 with a $300 CL.  I now have the Mastercard version with a $7k CL.

How long ago did you get the MC version?  I think mine was scheduled to ship on Monday (maybe Friday).  Hasn't arrived yet, but I noticed today that the account number updated.

I got mine in the mail a couple of weeks ago.  In my initial letter it said it would be sent out after August 11th I believe and it was waiting in my mailbox when I came back from vacation on the 20th.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had mine since xmas 2010, SL 1000. I've gotten multiple small clis the past year or so. Still under 3k.

Has anyone applied for a second Target card? I understand there is very little incentive today even one card… 😊 but for the people who've been stepped on with tiny limits for 10 years that might be a solution?
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I have several store cards with limits well above $10,000 (Macy's, Nieman Marcus, Pottery Barn etc) When u are buying large ticket items such as furniture or jewelry... You need large credit limits. And more often than not, using a store's credit card gets you the best discount, best rewards and best financing.
Message 16 of 20
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

I've had mine since 2008.  It opened as a Visa with a $3,000 limit.  Later increased to $4,500, then $6,000 and recently they moved it to $10,000.  I use it at Target only for groceries and other miscellaneous purchases.  Think the highest balance I've ever had may have been around $1,200 and paid off the following month.  No complaints from me.

Message 17 of 20
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

The reason for the high limit is to not MAX the card out with a simple shopping spree, I try to never use more than 30% of my CL, it keeps my other card issuers happy. so if I had a  10k limit I could go buy a nice large flat screen, a blue-ray compputer and some small appliances. But that is not the case for me. To answher the OP in this case I have had my Target card since 1/2012 with the massive credit line of $200. Apparently they are very INQ sensitive at time of application I  had a couple new INQ's at the time.  2x from AMEX 1 for my BCE( SL of 6500) and one for my ZYNC (NPSL).  5 years later the BCE is now a BCP with a CL of 15k, ZYNC is still NPSL. and the target card is still at $200. So the absolutely maximum I will spend at target is $60 so flat screen tvs's and many small applicanes are out. Sorry don't shop at target much, along with barely passing customer service, moderate prices. and terrible  pharmacy personel.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 18 of 20
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I've had mine since xmas 2010, SL 1000. I've gotten multiple small clis the past year or so. Still under 3k.

Has anyone applied for a second Target card? I understand there is very little incentive today even one card… 😊 but for the people who've been stepped on with tiny limits for 10 years that might be a solution?

I actually tried this as I'd been stuck with a $200 limit since 1998 and it was denied.  I can't remember if it was the phone number or SS# that they cited as being an existing account holder.  They finally took off one of the training wheels this year and it's at $800.

Message 19 of 20
awp317
Frequent Contributor

My Target visa was at 12k at the time of closing. But closed it back in 13 as a condition of my mortgage. Honestly don't miss it. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.