Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Credit limit increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target Credit limit increase

I called and ask for credit limit increase. CSR said they do not offer credit limit increase anymore but they do review account each month to see if you're qualify for increase. She also said to update my account every month.
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Credit limit increase

@Anonymous wrote:
I called and ask for credit limit increase. CSR said they do not offer credit limit increase anymore but they do review account each month to see if you're qualify for increase. She also said to update my account every month.

That is good to know, I just got in with Target last month. Started off with a low limit $300. I purchased one thing and PIF before the statement posted. I don't live near a Target, so I won't likely use this card often, maybe during the holidays. 

Message 2 of 29
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That is good to know, I just got in with Target last month. Started off with a low limit $300. I purchased one thing and PIF before the statement posted. I don't live near a Target, so I won't likely use this card often, maybe during the holidays. 

With Target, I think it helps to let it report before paying if you want to get a CLI.   I used to pay before the statemtent cut and I never got increases. Then, based on what others reported, I started letting it report before I pay and I have been getting increases every three months.

Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went from $300 to $1200 and it only took me over two years to do. Lol Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@manyquestions wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

With Target, I think it helps to let it report before paying if you want to get a CLI.   I used to pay before the statemtent cut and I never got increases. Then, based on what others reported, I started letting it report before I pay and I have been getting increases every three months.

I will try that then - I may just order something small on the website and then let a statement post and PIF. It would be worth the try. 

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Went from $300 to $1200 and it only took me over two years to do. Lol Smiley Wink

Yeah, that isn't much, but I guess it is better than nothing! I am rebuilding and in the garden, so any CLI without a HP works great for me Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@manyquestions wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think this may be true as well. I started at $300 and went to $800. Shortly after the first increase, I spent $650 there and let it report. Then paid in full. It was another couple of months and I got an increase to $1300.

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@manyquestions wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think this may be true as well. I started at $300 and went to $800. Shortly after the first increase, I spent $650 there and let it report. Then paid in full. It was another couple of months and I got an increase to $1300.

That's AWESOME! It is worth trying for sure Smiley Wink 

Message 8 of 29
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Wow. I haven't had an increase since I got one 4 months after opening the card (from $1000 -> $1600). I did know about the theory of letting a balance report, but regardless of that I wanted a decent balance to report at least once on my credit reports. Plus this past month I finally spent a lot at target, so I let $375 report on my statement. And, I already have another CLI from $1600 -> $2100. 

My card will be 17 months old in 3 more days. In other words, its been 12 months since the last CLI. Statement date was 3 days ago, and I havent paid it yet.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 9 of 29
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I assume you mean update your income on your account. I do that at least once a year.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.