Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Offering Contactless Mastercard

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Target Offering Contactless Mastercard

@johnny50 wrote:

So, does that mean that there is no CHIP and PIN requirement for Target Mastercard in Target stores?

They really weakened the security on the card if they did that but it seems with people being scared of COVID, they don't want to touch the terminal so weakened security FTW! 

Message 11 of 15
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

While more contactless cards is a good thing (anything to help force holdouts to give up), I'm more interested in Target either a) making conversion clear or b) allowing direct apps.

Message 12 of 15
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

I decided to order a replacement card, just in case I ever use it outside of Target.  Inside Target, I have them scan the Target Circle bar code which is linked to my card.  This is nice, since you don't have to deal with PINs.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 795 (TU08, 10/14/20)
AMEX Cash Magnet $54000 | BofA BBR #1 $43900 | Discover IT $39000 | Uber VS $37000 | BoA BBR #2 $31100 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $23500 | GS Apple Card WEMC $20000 | Altitude Go VS $19500 | Cap 1 QS WMC $17250 | Sony Card $15750 | Freedom Flex WEMC $15000 | Disney Premier VS $15000 | FNBO Rewards VS $15000 | Target MC $13500 | WF Cash Wise VS $12,000 | Cap 1 SavorOne WEMC $10500 | Amazon VS $10000 | Blispay $7500 | AARP VS $5800 | Cash Back World WMC $3000 ~~
Message 13 of 15
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I just talked to US CSR.

They are also making the store credit card 'contactless' very shortly.

You will get an email and have to call in for the contactless version, just like Target Mastercard.

According to CSR (a supervisor) Redcard credit will no longer need PIN or chip.

I don't know about debit card, but I imagine that will also be converted to contactless.

Message 14 of 15
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

I decided to order a replacement card, just in case I ever use it outside of Target.  Inside Target, I have them scan the Target Circle bar code which is linked to my card.  This is nice, since you don't have to deal with PINs.  

I ordered mine for same reason. When and if I use out of Target. It didn't dawn on me until yesterday afternoon, they usually scan code from Wallet anyways.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.