cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Payments Reflecting in Available Balance-What is the cutoff amount?

tag
tim2
Contributor

Target Payments Reflecting in Available Balance-What is the cutoff amount?

Target puts holds on your available credit for payments over a certain amount.   Does anyone know what this max is?  Just wondering if I can make smaller payments and they will go through and reflect in my available credit instead of being held.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Target Payments Reflecting in Available Balance-What is the cutoff amount?

I can't recall a time my payments have ever been held but I always make them through my banks bill pay, not sure if that has something to do with it.

HSBC is known for holds unless you use bill pay at your bank, according to them.

Message 2 of 3
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Target Payments Reflecting in Available Balance-What is the cutoff amount?

It is very common with most new accounts and with many lenders, to hold the credit availability for up to 10 days.

But calling them and having a conference call with the bank to verify the funds have cleared is the best way to get the available credit restored.

Everyone has their own algorithms, but newest of account, larger than usual size payments, mulitple payments all are factors.  With most including target, these holds go away with good payment history.        

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.