Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target RED card

tag
Makingstrides
Valued Member

Target RED card

Hey all,

Quick question. I opened a target card maybe about 4 months ago with a SL of $2000. What’s the highest credit limit reported for the RED card? Wanting to ask for a CLI soon.
Gardening Since 03/2018

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target RED card

No asking for a CLI on the Target card. They only give auto CLIs if, and when, they deem it appropriate.
Message 2 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, that seems to be a pretty good SL for the Target RedCard.

As mentioned above, there is currently no option for CLI-initiated requests.  You can definitely use teh card moderately and update your income on the site (often if anything), but they'll decide when your account is eligible for a CLI.

Message 3 of 11
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

my DW has a 9k limit, be thankful you were given the 2k limit. I was doomed with a $200 limit that never budged, despite having a higher credit scores than my DW.  I let my Target card close because it wasn't worth the hassle to use it, with a $200 limit. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too started with a $200 limit back in 2013. I've been patient. I started getting auto cli's every 6 months about 2 years ago. I am up to a 2k credit line as of now. I have semi regular spend at target.

Message 5 of 11
Makingstrides
Valued Member

Thanks, y'all! I really appreciate the insight. I guess I'll just let it age and see what happens. It's soooo hard to be inactive with my credit building! LOL
Gardening Since 03/2018

Message 6 of 11
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Question looking to get the target Red card who do thay pull from for credit report. Have Fico score over 790 and income of 75k, have Visa and checking with TD Bank visa cl is 14k, what kind of cl could I get.

Message 7 of 11
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

Target....  I have had their card for quite some time.   

I started with a pretty low CL.   Perfect payment the entire time.    CLI's ?   WHenever I bumped into the max on the card - next month I would get an increase.    Odd but true.   Now at 3k I don't bump the max anymore but I also don't need anymore CL from them either.   

But back in the 200 CL days - yea that stunk.   So bump the limit - you will get denied at the register, just change payment and see happens next month or two to your limit (and with perfect payment of course).

ETA: Basically, they have been like Disco to me - use the card and get CLI's.

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 11
firefox100
Valued Contributor

who does Target Td Bank use when thay pull your credit Report?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax, typically.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.