Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Red Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target Red Card

Ok, so long story short... I went on whogavemecredit.com saw someone in California get approved for a Taget Red Card with lower Fico than mine. So I applied and you guessed it, Denied. I called in and found this out. They are sending me a letter in the mail. The Recon # on here is for business accounts. What can I do? I have a TU 627 and a Equifax 609 , EX 563 (FAKO)
Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Red Card

I'd hate to bump this.... but I had to reply cuz I'm almost positive you're talking about my input on whogavemecredit. lol. (Posted with 594 EQ and 551 EX dated last month??)  I wanted to reply with a bit more of my details so it can shed a little more light to help you understand what might have happened to cause a denial for you and an approval for me...

I too got a bit surprised when I was approved not for just one... but three cards that day... Store cards for Target and Wal-Mart, and one for CreditOne. (Albeit, a VERY low limit...) I should be happy I'm finally able to get ANY unsecured right now though as the only card I have is a secured Orchard...

Anyway, I'm almost positive that the only reason I was approved was because of the two never late revolvings I have, one of which is a car loan for quite a sizable amount, and my account age.

Where my confusion comes in though is last year, I paid off 5 medical collections BUT a few months after that 3 more were added (insurance problems) bringing me to a total of 5 collections and a charge-off... 

The only thing going for me is my account age, at my oldest being almost 9 years (closed charge-off from Cap1), my recent car loan 3 years ago and recently opened (1 year old this month) secured HSBC account which never carries a balance... Other than that, I have collections up the ying yang...

Maybe it has to do with account age and recent payment history with revolving accounts??? Because that's honestly the only things I have going for me. Because as far as collections.... Well, we can all see mine's filled with those.

As everyone says, it's a mixture of things. I'm glad there's that whogavemecredit site. It gives you an idea (IF people input their details) of where you stand in comparison with others in a similar position.  What's crappy though is if you get denied and see others getting approved in the same position as you, you sit here wondering what the hell (like you are now)...  I'm sure there's SOMETHING there though that explains it.  In this case, as I'm almost positive you're looking at my score on that site, it probably has to do with the difference in our account ages and recent activity... (Maybe?) Dunno... hope it brought more to light. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by slove1106 on 05-08-2009 02:11 PM
Message 15 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO is only a first tier qualifier.  Actual contents of your CR account for final approval and CL decisions.
Message 2 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Also, things have changed dramatically in the last 6-12 months. I doubt that I would have gotten half the cards/ CL's now that I got in Feb 2008. Pretty much all lenders are a lot tighter now.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I wish I never applied for my Target card. : (

Nearly two years later, I am still at $200.
Message 4 of 16
laz98
Senior Contributor

@llecs wrote:
I wish I never applied for my Target card. : (

Nearly two years later, I am still at $200.

tell me about it!  makes me mad Smiley Mad

Message 5 of 16
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

I was approved 2 weeks ago with a TU FICO of 628 and a EQ FICO of 627 (they only pulled EQ).

At the time, I had 2 unpaid collections showing on my report, one from 2002, and one from 2006.

What are your baddies?

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied and was denied with a 691 credit score at the time a few weeks ago! Reason for denial was "limited credit history" figue that!
Message 7 of 16
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

My card is still at $200 after 2 years. I am not sure what is more bad, getting declined for the card or being stuck at $200 CL for many many years.
Message 8 of 16
kyobakes
New Contributor

The Target card is just bull**bleep**...

I wish I had never applied, so I am just going to bite the bullet and cancel it.  You can't buy anything with a $200 limit!!  I work there, and the only reason I applied is so that I could use my discount on credit.  Target doesn't let us use our discount with other CC's/debit.  Apparently it is like giving us two discounts because they have to pay a processing fee.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 9 of 16
laz98
Senior Contributor

@kyobakes wrote:

The Target card is just bull**bleep**...

I wish I had never applied, so I am just going to bite the bullet and cancel it.  You can't buy anything with a $200 limit!!  I work there, and the only reason I applied is so that I could use my discount on credit.  Target doesn't let us use our discount with other CC's/debit.  Apparently it is like giving us two discounts because they have to pay a processing fee.  Smiley Indifferent

i can't believe they won't give you your discount with any other card!  that's outrageous!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.