Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target RedCard CLI's and CLD's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target RedCard CLI's and CLD's

Hey all,

I have searched the forums and noticed there have been very few CLI posts about the Target RedCard in the last few months.

I also noticed there were a few CLD's on one post sometime around August.

While I understand this is a YMMV situation and I have read MANY posts about Target CLI's, I was wondering what your experience has been with either CLI's or CLD's since the summer?

My 5th statement closes on the 28th and I am not on the 4 month CLI train, obviously. My profile has greatly improved so I am curious as to what will happen on my 5th and 6th statement cut, if anything. 

Again, YMMV, but where are all the RedCard holders hiding? Come out, wherever you are. Shoot some DP's during this global pandemic. 

My DP's, I put about $400 a month spend through it monthly and I pay it twice- once to get more available credit, and once to PIF before statement cut. I have let a balance report on two of my four statements just to see if it had any affect, which is still not proven as many get auto CLI's without ever letting a balance post. They did a SP on one of my credit reports back in August, but nothing since and I don't even remember which report the did the SP on at this point.

Message 1 of 84
83 REPLIES 83
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Target RedCard CLI's and CLD's

As part of your regimen, are you also updating your income within your account profile on a monthly basis?

Echoing what you mentioned, results will definitely vary for everyone so all you can do is monitor things periodically; because even so, not much may happen in 6 months or perhaps they can suprise you 🤷

Message 2 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

As part of your regimen, are you also updating your income within your account profile on a monthly basis?

Echoing what you mentioned, results will definitely vary for everyone so all you can do is monitor things periodically; because even so, not much may happen in 6 months or perhaps they can suprise you 🤷

I update my income about a week after every statement cut. Considering the pandemic, I feel as though activity with TD Bank for this specific card has slowed down tremendously. I am patient. I don't plan to carry a balance even if I had a nice limit. I just don't like having to pay it multiple times a month to use it for my monthly spend. 

Message 3 of 84
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Vcm726,

I was on of those that got CLI's when TD Bank wanted me to have them. After including my Target Visa in my chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2011, after a year or so later Target approved a store card with a toy limit. I used it twice a month and made sure the statement closed with a 10% balance. Then I paid to 0 the day after the statement cut. 

I believe I got my first CLI when the 6th or 7th statement closed. I would update my income once a year when it changed. I would only include my base salary, and exclude my bonus.   Over a couple of years, it grew to $4k.  Two years ago, I a CLI to 6k and upgraded to the MC version.  It's been stuck at $6k since.  I'm content right where it is now.

Hang in there. It will grow.

Guyatthebeach

Message 4 of 84
Andypanda
Established Contributor

I've had my target RC since May 2018, and am still at my initial $300. No baddies on my report, just been a bit trigger happy applying for new cards, and only got into the game in 2018, so i have a young AAoA.

Message 5 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the MC version. It was upgraded almost a year ago from a CL of $2800 to 5k. It's been almost a year and no cli increases since. I usually leave a reported 100-200 balance each month but I recently paid it in full and intend to keep it that way. I used to update the income monthly but I stopped doing that for months now as I'm content with the 5k limit.

Message 6 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

My card is six years old. Was $300 for the first three, then I was on the train getting increases every 3-4 months. The last one I got took me to $3700, right before Black Friday last year. Since then, nothing, despite monthly income updates, PIF, carry a balance until statement cut, no spend, lots of spend, whatever. I've tried a lot of different strategies to no avail, and between my last CLI and now, my profile has improved drastically. So now I have said screw it, it'll happen if and when it happens, and I'm letting it report naturally and whatever happens can happen.

Message 7 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started in 2010 with a $2000 limit, when I applied.

In 2014, limit was increased to $2800.

Nothing since then.

I update income every month, pay full balance on auto pay, spend maybe $40 monthly, and sometimes higher.

No MC upgrade either.

Message 8 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went form $300 to $800 back in Nov after only having the card for a few moths. Nothing sense.

Right before the holidays seems suspcious. I'll laugh if it happens again. 

Message 9 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I went form $300 to $800 back in Nov after only having the card for a few moths. Nothing sense.

Right before the holidays seems suspcious. I'll laugh if it happens again. 

That was my thought last year. I went from $2100 to $2900 in maybe March 2019 (I honestly don't recall), and then nothing until the holiday shopping season was set to kick off and suddenly an $800 increase to $3700. I'm definitely watching to see if it happens again this year.

EDIT - just checked my notes. I got boosted to $2900 on 11/27/2018, then $3700 on 11/26/2019. It appears the holiday train is real.

Message 10 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.