Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target RedCard CLI's and CLD's

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Target RedCard CLI's and CLD's

The short version is that I spend $200-600 on mine every month, pay in full and update income to the same number out of habit when I schedule the payment, and stopped receiving what had become a CLI every June and December after my last CLI in June 2019.

Long version is I opened the store card in 2002 with a CL of $1200, when it changed issuers and upgraded to a Visa card around 2005 they gave me a CLD to $800 and it sat there until 2016, through another issuer and then to TD Bank who changed it from a Visa to a MasterCard.  I finally received a $500 CLI in June 2016.  That was followed by $1000 CLIs in December 2016, June 2017, and December 2017.  Then I received $2000 CLIs in June 2018, December 2018, and June 2019 - then it stopped.  $10,300 is ample for the amount of spend I put on it and much better than the $800 it was at for so many years, but it's still strange that they suddenly just dried up.

Message 11 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I will say, statement 5 closed yesterday on the 28th. I put about $440 through it and had to make a payment mid cycle to clear up some available credit. I let $71 post to the statement balance. However, today being day 1 of the new billing cycle- no CLI. Still at $300 and no holiday increase leading up to Black Friday deals which would benefit my teen greatly. 

Maybe month 6! But until we are through this global pandemic, I expect nothing and that is okay. 😄

Message 12 of 84
MeN5
Regular Contributor

When I spoke to a supervisor she advised me they are not currently increasing limits due to the pandemic and she's not aware when they will start again

Message 13 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MeN5 wrote:

When I spoke to a supervisor she advised me they are not currently increasing limits due to the pandemic and she's not aware when they will start again

That's good information to have. THanks for sharing!

Message 14 of 84
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

I've got the MC with a 13k limit. Was getting regular bumps (either 2k or 3k...sorry can't remember) every 6 statements. Nothing since the pandemic. I don't need or expect more but TD was quick to slow the cli's early this year.

Message 15 of 84
Pap_32
Valued Member

@MeN5 wrote:

@Anonymous 

Hey guys just wanted to share some information. I was helping my DM with her bills budget for this next month and looked at target and just saw that they gave her a 500 dollar increase on her target MasterCard. So hope this info helps some of you that are hoping for an increase.

As for usage not much she has Netflix on there and theses last couple of months used it at target her last statement was 79.xx and payed the current balance on the card last week Which was 89.xx on her 2300 limit. Statement closed 10/28/2020 and new limit is 2800. Did notice last week when she logged in to pay her bill it prompted her to update income info which hasn't changed but from what I've read here to update it regardless with the the same income for hopes of an increase and I guess it help.

Message 16 of 84
Pap_32
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@MeN5 wrote:

That's good information to have. THanks for sharing!

My DM just got an 500 increase her statement closed 10/28/20. Last week when she signed in to pay her bill it asked her to update income info nothing changed but updated it with same amount for a chance of an increase guesses if worked out lol. So there still hope. Checked her last increase was March of this year. 

Message 17 of 84
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

The short version is that I spend $200-600 on mine every month, pay in full and update income to the same number out of habit when I schedule the payment, and stopped receiving what had become a CLI every June and December after my last CLI in June 2019.

Long version is I opened the store card in 2002 with a CL of $1200, when it changed issuers and upgraded to a Visa card around 2005 they gave me a CLD to $800 and it sat there until 2016, through another issuer and then to TD Bank who changed it from a Visa to a MasterCard.  I finally received a $500 CLI in June 2016.  That was followed by $1000 CLIs in December 2016, June 2017, and December 2017.  Then I received $2000 CLIs in June 2018, December 2018, and June 2019 - then it stopped.  $10,300 is ample for the amount of spend I put on it and much better than the $800 it was at for so many years, but it's still strange that they suddenly just dried up.

@Anonymous 

Like @K-in-Boston, mine were every 6 months but stopped in Dec 2019.   

Got my RedCard Apr 2014 with a SL of $400.

Here's my history:

Jun 2017 $4000+ MC upgrade 

Dec 2017 $5000 

Jun 2018 $7000

Dec 2018 $9000 

Jun 2019 $11000

Dec 2019 $13000

Message 18 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NoMoreE46  thanks for the DPs! I'm not credit worthy enough for the MasterCard anytime soon, but maybe someday. I put a lot of spend in that place at this time in my life. 

Message 19 of 84
coreyb80
Super Contributor

I've had my card since 10/2018 and a SL of $300.  I'm now @ $2200 with my last increase that came in April of this year.  Hoping they'll upgrade me to the Mastercard in the next year or 2.  I love using my Target card.

Message 20 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.