Senior Contributor

Re: Target RedCard CLI's and CLD's

Hmmmmn,

Maybe, this is a positive trend?

Message 31 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to her. Its good to hear they are hopefully getting things rolling again. I started out with a CL of 300. I received CLI's every six months. At the 5K mark, I was upgraded to the MC. My current limit is 7K right now and I haven't received  an increase all of this year. My last increase was due in January. My closing date is tomorrow. Hopefully I see something. If not, I will continue to patiently wait. What other choice do I have?

Update: I received a 1K increase. New credit limit is 8K. Glad TD is starting to move again. Even if it's in smaller increases. 

Message 32 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston  @SunriseEarth  congrats ! While I don't have the MasterCard as stated previously, I am happy to see movement. Also, congrats ! Next close day is 11/28. Hoping they holidays give me something. Although with Discover giving #5% cash back on Target this quarter- I'm still just using RedCard as I get immediate 5% and or free shipping. However I'm not sure if you all have an answer for this one--- I don't seem to get Target Circle earning cas (or what ever it is called) when I use my redcard. If I use another form of payment I receive circle earnings I can apply to future purchases same as cash , when I purchase with redcard I don't seem to get any circle earnings cash to use. Is that standard ? Do you only for circle earnings if you use a different method of payment ? My earnings are at $0 with Over $800 in spend. It says "eligible purchases"

which is most all

things to them. 

Message 33 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@SunriseEarth Did your statement also cut recently? I just checked my account and no CLI but my statement cuts the 26th. I've gotten increases at my November statement cuts the last two years and I'm thinking if I'm gonna get one it'll be then.

Good luck on the 26th! Fingers crossed for you. Do report back! Statement 6 cuts 11/28 for me. Well, 11/29 since I close the 28th. 

Message 34 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Hmmmmn,

Maybe, this is a positive trend?

That's the hope! That they're trusting the consumers who have yet to show risk with their accounts or with their credit profile in whole during this pandemic. 

Message 35 of 84
missji
Regular Contributor

My 8th statement just cut and I'm still at the starter limit they gave me of a whopping $200. LMBO. I have not updated my income since July so I just did that today. I spend between $50-$150 on it each month but I always PIF. One thing I noticed in some other threads is that people recommend letting a small balance report each month. It's just hard for me to do because I'm always like, leaving a $20 balance seems so silly. But I guess I will try it for the next few months to see what happens. If it isn't increased after a year, I'll just stop looking for it.

Interestingly, TD Bank gave me a Target card with a $200 limit in April but then gave me a Nordstrom card with a $1,500 limit in September. Go figure...

Gardening as of June 2020. No activity until January 2023 unless it's an auto CLI.
Starting Scores (6/30/2020): EQ 640 | EX 660 | TU 658
Current Scores (05/22/2021): EQ 678 | EX 714 | TU 689
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 36 of 84
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@missji wrote:

My 8th statement just cut and I'm still at the starter limit they gave me of a whopping $200. LMBO. I have not updated my income since July so I just did that today. I spend between $50-$150 on it each month but I always PIF. One thing I noticed in some other threads is that people recommend letting a small balance report each month. It's just hard for me to do because I'm always like, leaving a $20 balance seems so silly. But I guess I will try it for the next few months to see what happens. If it isn't increased after a year, I'll just stop looking for it.

Interestingly, TD Bank gave me a Target card with a $200 limit in April but then gave me a Nordstrom card with a $1,500 limit in September. Go figure...

They probably figure you need at least that much to buy a $100 tshirtSmiley Wink

Message 37 of 84
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Despite it being automatic, have anyone tried requesting a CLI from target in the last 90 days?

Message 38 of 84
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

I logged in this morning to pay my Target card & noticed a new limit of $13,500 up from $13,000...

Little bump...

Message 39 of 84
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Physh1 wrote:

I logged in this morning to pay my Target card & noticed a new limit of $13,500 up from $13,000...

Little bump...

In Mr. Burn's voice from The Simpsons- 'Ex-cel-lent..'

Message 40 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.